“One of the best hotel stays ever!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Gorgeous North Idaho
“One of the best hotel stays ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

We have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is one of the best! The employees were very nice and very helpful. I chose a room that had 2 entrances, one was to the inside of the hotel and the other was to the outside. I parked right outside the room and brought all of my things in. It was so handy. They have an outdoor patio area and a sitting area outside the room I had. The sitting area had a fire pit which they lit for me and it was wonderful. Warm cookies and milk were served at night. What a treat! I also found out too late that they had a free dinner. I believe Mon., Tue., and Thur. are free dinner nights. But don't quote me on that. They served meatball subs and soda for free! Next time I will check out a free meal.
This hotel has a path that goes to a brand new area. This area has a starbucks, coldstone, restaurants and theatre complex. I hear the restaurant "Sangria" is coming in and I am very excited about that because it is my all time favorite restaraunt. I ate dinner at Bardenay which is in the new area and I didn't like it. I may have ordered the wrong thing but I wasn't impressed.
I travel to Coeur D'Alene to work once a month and will stay at this Holiday Inn Express everytime! It is easy to get to as well which is a huge plus.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the room was good size and bathroom had lots of room. The fridge was a good size small fridge and the microwave is always a plus. Wireless internet as well.
Thanks for a fantastic stay!!!

• Liked — Cookies at night and friendliness of staff.
  • Disliked — The kids next to me were having fun flushing the toilet over and over.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank sunnysnowflake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Colfax, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

This was the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The employees were just like family. They were so polite, friendly and always willing to help with anything. They food was wonderful. I was there during the Ironman, which they also had complimentary evening meal. The pool and hot tub were great and the kids had a great time there and also in the lounge area with the board games and books... The room we had, was spacious and very clean. Noise level was very low, although the hotel was full. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank godbey
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2008

We read about this hotel on trip advisor and decided to try it on our road trip. It was located directly off the highway and is a fairly new, very nice hotel. Nothing fancy, but really clean, big rooms, cable t.v. The rooms had microwaves and refrigerators. Breakfast is included in the price of the room, which was very reasonable. They don't allow any smoking in any rooms, which we loved. The beds even have a selection of pillows and the pillowcases say what they are, firm, soft etc. I don't think I have ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but would definitely try another one after staying here.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank serafinagirl
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

Just as everyone has said, what a wonderful hotel. I had a great, large corner room on the top floor. The bathroom was huge and the finishes very nice. I was on business travel, so I had a government rate of $105, but looking online, the rates were very reasonable, compared to some of the other hotels I looked at. It wasn't right in the city but very close. Staff was great. I loved that the pool, exercise room and business center were open 24/7. I also liked that they had wired, free internet. I can't use wireless with my work laptop, so having the wired option was great. They also have a Manager's Dinner/Bar-B-Q on some evening, which is nice, though I didn't partake due to my working schedule. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through North Idaho.

• Liked — Wired Internet
  • Disliked — No restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank tuckmics
Polson, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2008

After a long drive from Seattle yesterday afternoon my mom and I checked into the Holiday Inn Express. We received a rate of $116, which was comparable to other HIE's we have stayed in. This hotel is very nice and clean. The pool and spa are open 24 hours and located right off the lobby. The business center was great for checking email. The rooms are large with two kinds of pillows and HIE's new white bedding with a blanket. It was the best night of sleep I had on our whole vacation! The bathroom was large. The breakfast was wonderful with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and their fabulous cinnamon rolls. The only thing I noticed that was strange, since this is a very new hotel, was that the material that was used for the bathroom and closet doors was very 80's looking. It seemed a little cheap for such a nice hotel, but this is a very minor detail. I would definately stay here again when in the Couer d'Alene/Spokane area. Thanks again Holiday Inn for a great property!

• Liked — Beds and bedding
  • Disliked — Doors
  • Stayed May 2008