Just stayed at this hotel for the IronMan Coeur d'Alene race (my husband raced, and we had our 3 small children with us). This hotel, while expensive, was a godsend, and the value was probably better considering how much they fed us - they put on a great, full hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast/rolls, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, fruit, etc.) which is included, and also Tues-Thurs they do a hot dinner, something like BBQ (hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, and I think they'd do a veggie burger on request), another night they do chicken Caesar salad - it's all family-friendly food. They leave out coffee and fruit in the middle of the day. Because of the Ironman event, they did two extra dinners in the dining room - including a spagetti dinner the night before - that's what all racers want (incidentally, they put the pasta pot on the BBQ since they don't have a range - that is going the extra mile!). They lined up a masseuse for chair or table massages, shuttles to the race start, and had popcorn and hot chocolate chip cookies every evening by the front desk.
They have a nice workout room, and (one of the reasons I picked it in the first place - for the kids): a pool and hot tub (indoor). The kids had a ball in the water. I am kinda wimpy about cold pools, but I comfortably swam in this one. They have pool towels.
The hotel is dog-friendly. We don't have a dog, but our daughter loved saying hi to the gentle hotel dog "Dodger."
All-in-all an excellent stay - they really tried HARD to keep the guests happy, and took pride in their establishment. Check it out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fall in love with Coeur d'Alene this season at the Holiday Inn Express Coeur d'Alene. This new award-winning Coeur d'Alene hotel will meet and exceed your every expectation! Located close to beautiful Lake Coeur d Alene and just minutes from Silverwood Theme Park, Kootenai Medical Center, North Idaho College, University of Idaho, and Lewis and Clark State College, this hotel is a perfect location for both business and pleasure! This Coeur d'Alene hotel is complete with 101 non-smoking guestrooms, including 36 over-sized suites with parlor area and wet bar. Suites include 2 flat panel screen HDTV's. All rooms contain a microwave and refrigerator. 6 deluxe suites have a double-sided fireplace, two person jetted tub, and two flat panel HD TVs. The indoor pool and spa area is ready for your enjoyment, decorated with whimsical sea creatures. Bored at the end of a long day? Relax next to our custom built outdoor fire pit. We also provide a guest laundry facility, boardroom, and fully equipped business center. Our Coeur d'Alene hotel offers easy freeway access and close proximity to shopping, restaurants, and tons of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Coeur d`Alene
- Holiday Inn Coeur D'alene
- Coeur D'alene Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho