“Beautiful grounds, but lacking (slightly) in customer service.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Lewiston, Idaho
“Beautiful grounds, but lacking (slightly) in customer service.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel property, close to I-90 and Rt 95. Very pretty lobby area, tastefully decorated & clean. The pool area is also nice. The only negative my wife & I had was with the staff; they're efficient to the point of nearly ignoring the guests to get their jobs done. They are friendly... but heaven forbid they see some chore that needs attention first.

Room Tip: We had one of the King Suite rooms: very spacious & comfortable. Had a "kitchenette" a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SmittyJA24
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback. My apologies for you not feeling like you were important as we strive to make sure all our guests feel like they are the most important while they are staying here. I will be sure to use this feedback for training purposes and I hope you will chose to stay here next time you are in the area.

Until then,
Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

OK, so the title of this is a bit dramatic. But seriously, a great little find.

The only downer about this property is that it's off the freeway and not in proximity to the way cool downtown and lake area of CDA.

I stay at as many properties in this chain as I can when I travel on business. This is right up there as one of the nicer ones I've seen. I love the lodge feel in the lobby, the staff is attentive and fun-loving, the layout of the public spaces are great. And the rooms are right on par with what I've come to expect. (Shower, bed, TV, fridge... all right on point.)

What takes this from a 4 star to a 5 star are the little things. They have a managers special with snacks, soda, and booze. And that's on top of their very nice breakfast area... one of the better ones I've seen.

All-in-all, totally worth it. 100% recommend a stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mclanea
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
You are such a GEM for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your compliments and kind words. I am so glad you were able to experience our Manager's Reception for free dinner with beer and wine included during the week. We look forward to your return. thanks again!
BC
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had stayed at this particular hotel years ago when it was quite new and it has changed very little. It is very clean and inviting as soon as you walk into the lobby and the rooms are well appointed and spacious. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating. This place is great value for the price, I plan to stay again on my next trip to Coeur d'Alene!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you coming back to stay with us. All employees here work very hard to keep this property looking new :) Thanks again! come back soon!
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times in the last 2 months for work and the staff have treated me like family. They are so welcoming and friendly! Been given a suite each time in a quiet area of the hotel. The breakfast was great to have onsite, no need to rush out to grab something on my way to work. The rooms have always been clean and even housekeeping staff leave kind notes to see if there is anything I needed. Extra hangers were brought up to me when I asked for them. A couple of employees that need to be recognized are Jonathan and Travis at the front desk. Cookies are awesome! Only thing that was a bit disturbing was the construction out back in the mornings...but they can't really do anything about that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sharon R
Thank you so much for staying with us so often on business. We are glad you have been enjoying your stay. I did tell Travis and Jonathan that you complimented them on their hard work and kindness! We are very sorry for the construction next door; we hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express is a good hotel, conveniently located off the freeway. The hotel is new and all of the room furnishings are in excellent condition. The staff is friendly and helpful. Excellent rooms, good breakfast, and a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all your compliments. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon. Thanks!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend for his birthday and had a wonderful weekend! The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful as well as the morning breakfast help was on top of everything, they were busy but kept calm and continued to be polite! The hotel was clean and made us feel at home. We stayed in a spa suite and it was beautiful, only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed April 2013
We wish you could have stayed longer as well. I am happy you were impressed with your stay and we look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,
Tri-Cities, Washington
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The instant we walked in we felt welcome. The staff was all very friendly and very welcoming; even Dodger the dog was welcoming! The staff was so kind they upgraded our room to a gorgeous suite at no charge (and no we did not have to complain to get this upgrade)! We happen to be staying on a night when they served dinner of soup, salad and breadsticks as well as adult beverages. The breakfast was pretty good as well! Anytime we are back in this area again we will be staying at this hotel again, and we would recommend it to everyone as well.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms will have gorgeous views. If you can afford to, I highly recomme...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple