“Another Great Stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have family in Coeur d Alene and were there for my MIL's 80th birthday party. As we expected our room was clean and nice. Next time we stay we will ask for a room on an upper floor as we could hear the shower above us running but that is somewhat expected in any hotel. We were across from the laundry room but never heard noise from that. Breakfast Saturday morning was crazy as there was some dance thing in town and the kids, although mostly well behaved, filled the whole room and the poor breakfast lady was running every second trying to keep up, She did fine but could have used a helper...like she had on Sunday, which wasn't as busy. We didn't see Doger till our last night there when we sat in the lobby to visit. A beautiful dog and so funny to see him pop his head over the check in desk. Had a bit of a problem checking in with the room rate, even though we had a reservation but it soon got resolved. My husband enjoyed the cookies and milk in the evening! Will stay again!

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor so you don't here the shower or water running in the walls.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank grandmom1
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Grandmom1, Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback for our hotel. The staffing levels have been addressed and and it is our goal to be able to have enough staff to assist our guests. I am pleased that you returned for yet another trip to Coeur d' Alene. If there is anything specific that we may do for you next time you come to stay, please do not hesistate to ask. Our guests feedback is very valuable to us and I apreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

THIS is a first class hotel. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 12! Beautiful and clean room. Very cozy feel. The whole hotel scrupulously clean. Friendly staff and my 2 chihuahuas got to stay for FREE. I was planning to stay at the one in Hayden, but it was all booked. I am really happy we stayed here. We will definitely put this hotel on our keeper list.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley J
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay! We strive to Impress our Guests and by the sounds of it we have succeeded with your stay! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for our property! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very friendly staff. Not as close to downtown as I would have liked but was staying there for business and it was closer to the office I was visiting daily. I was pleasantly surprised to learn they allow pets, especially since Dodger the weimarainer was there to greet me. (I have a weimarainer...) The breakfast was not that great- very few healthy options. I'm comparing to Stay Bridge Suites which I still think offers the best value when it comes to room amenities and breakfasts/dinner socials. However, they did have free drinks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There was a local park within walking distance that would have been great if I was visiting in the summer. Outback is also within walking distance

• Stayed: January 2013

I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us here in Coeur d' Alene. We are always looking for ways to provide exceptional service and appreciate the feedback from our guests. We hope you return in the summer to enjoy the outdoors and maybe take Dodger for a walk. Until then, Safe Travels!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently stayed four nights at this hotel for a business trip. Unfortunately, I was sick with a bad case of bronchitis so I didn't take full advantage of all the hotel had to offer. When I checked in, the person at the front desk saw that I was sick and give me a little get well package filled with helpful items - nice touch. The room was large and very comfortable and had a microwave and refrigerator. The hotel was clean and looked new. I ate breakfast just one morning, which was fine. They offered dinner and drinks several evenings, but I wasn't able to partake. I liked that the pool and fitness facilities are open 24 hours a day. The hotel is located close to many restaurants, shops and a movie theater. The river is also very close and there is a walking path to the lake. This is a very convenient location if you have business in both Post Falls and Coeur d'Alene - right off the freeway (but I didn't hear any road noise). I will stay here again when visiting North Idaho - safe, clean, comfortable and a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review for our property. Here at the Coeur d Alene Express we impress our guests and it makes me smile to know that the front desk sent you one of our get well packages. We hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels until then.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am from the CDA area but recently moved out of town. I have to travel to CDA on business pretty regularly, though, and usually end up staying at a less expensive hotel. The price at the Holiday Inn Express was fairly competitive for this stay, so I decided to give it a try. Though the room is not much bigger than at the less expensive hotel, it felt much cleaner and had a fresh feel to it. The mattress was heavenly, and the microwave and refrigerator were convenient. The bathroom and bath/shower were very clean and operated well. The internet signal was strong and reliable. The temperature control was the only thing I had an issue with, as it was very difficult to keep the room at a comfortable temperature (the heat didn't shut off when it was turned on, so I woke up melting in the middle of both nights). The pool, hot tub and fitness room are open 24 hours a day, which is perfect for early risers like me who don't want to wait until 6 a.m. to work out. The breakfast was fairly typical though exceptionally well organized and well stocked. There were warm Cinnabon cinnamon rolls each morning that were to die for. The staff in the breakfast room and front desk were exceptionally polite and helpful (still waiting for an email from someone to tell me what type of mattresses you use!) If I can get a competitive rate in the future, I will definitely make this hotel the only one I stay at when I come to CDA and highly recommend it to travelers!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a deck...in the summer months :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dukkandpooh
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We just got home from a 2 day stay at the Hotel. Seth, who checked us in was amazing. We decided to stay 2 of our days here because of his hospitality. Our room was spacious and very clean. If we ever pass this way again we will definitely plan a stop here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Greeted by the most friendly staff and Dodger!! oh ya and the smell of fresh warm chocolate chip cookies!!! What could be better??? NOTHING!!! The property was exceptionally beautiful and the accomadations were wonderful. All of the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, from the breakfast buffet, that Paula kept up with, to restaurant recommendations and what not to miss. Ate at Couer D'Alene resort, don't miss the floating boardwalk!! Bardenay was fabulous, order the Spicy Asian plum chicken wings!! And they distill their own VODKA. Don"t MISS G.W.Hunter's restaurant in Post Falls-for the best elk ever!!! First trip to Iadho from R.I. and enjoyed every minute of it. Fabulous people and delictable food!!! Want to go back already!!

Room Tip: Don't miss this property-beautiful and great service.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple