Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Blairmore, Canada
“Great spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here on a trip, room was clean, bed was super comfortable. Had a room with a door to the outside... super convenient. Staff was wonderful. Close to downtown, not far from Post Falls. Would stay here, and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response to your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you can come and visit again. I do like the rooms on the first floor with the outside access.We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here 2 nights booked thru a great rate on Hotwire Got in late but was greeted kindly, asked where I could go to get a bite and went to my room. Since it was a Hotwire deal I can't complain, 2 queen beds, big tv, microwave and fridge. Room was clean, lots of pillows, bed was very comfortable. Even though the hotel was by the interstate and my room was facing it I didn't hear the traffic. Actually I didn't hear my neighbors either.

The workout room is 2 treadmills, elliptical, bike and a multi-use weight machine...water fountain... it was good and usually only one other person was using it when I was in there. Pool and hot tub looked inviting but I didn't use those.

Coffee and breakfast... The best. Best coffee at Holiday Inn Express I ever had. The young lady was super sweet and would take your plate away or get you more items... I had never seen that before. She was so kind and friendly. Good food. One evening I stopped in after I did the xmas light boat cruise and they had sandwich stuff and adult beverages!! I picked up a salad only. They really went above and beyond in my opinion on the food stuffs.

The last morning of my stay.... well I forgot to mention how wonderfully decorated the lobby is... they are all holiday spirit. They have these life size Nutcracker soldiers. So I had a young clerk take a photo of me with one of them. She was so patient as I had her take several with my camera and phone. :)

Overall... great stay. I don't think you can go wrong on it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Than you for the wonderful review. I agree on the coffee. I drink it everyday and it is still delicious. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and if ever you are back in the area make sure you stop in fo a free cup of coffee. We have it brewed all day. :)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, my room was upgraded (I'm a priority club member) to one with a jacuzzi tub, and there was a door to the outside--very easy to unload and load. AND there was what was actually a good dinner! I couldn't have been happier! They do a great job.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room with a door to the outside.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SUPER! I am so proud of our employees who give the BEST customer service in the area. Hands down. That's what makes us the best. Thank you for writing this review and telling the rest of the world how much you enjoyed your stay with us.I appreciate you taking the time. Until we meet again, safe travels and enjoy your holiday season.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Traveling through and stayed in this Holiday Inn after a friend had recommended it. We were treated very nice, and given a great room as members of Holiday Inn's priority Club. With doors that exit outside, it was maybe one of the most convenient places we've stayed with our dogs. I plan to stay here again when in town for business. The rooms are clean as is the hotel, and the staff very friendly and accommodating, plus its conveniently located.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes, we have to admit it. We love dogs. They are always our special guests when they are in our hotel. We believe that they are family too. Did you get to meet Dodger? He's our hotel dog. He is part of our family. Thank you for writing a nice review. We look forward to your return.
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

If there was a HIE "plus" category this would fit in. Welcoming exterior, entry and lobby. There were a few additional/nonstandard items at the breakfast bar. The rooms are typical HIE decor, clean and quite comfortable. I requested a quiet side room and it lived up to it, even when the hotel hit (I overheard) 75% occupancy due to a snow storm that forced people off the roads. Stayed three nights for work, and would definitely stay again. Only irritant: Fox 'news' in the breakfast area every morning. Couldn't stand the feeling my head was going to explode listening to that while waiting for my toast. How about PBS or CNN or ABC or NBC or CBS or ESPN or anything else but that nonsense?

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank lilykin
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate your feedback.We really do try to Impress all our guests. If there is a request, we meet it. As far as the T.V. goes, we have since then put it on a more suitable show for everybody. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We value your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Friendly folks. Clean rooms. Would stay again. Good location to post falls. 45 min from Spokane.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for trying us out. Yes, We are centrally located to many areas of the great northwest. Wasy access off the freeway make it convienent for our guests when travelling. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you in the near future! Until then, Safe travels.
Tsawwassen, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

My son and I were doing a cross country drive in June 2011 and decided to stay here. I could not say enough great things about the hotel. I would say the thing that immpressed me the most was the staff. They made us feel so at home I wanted to stay, although I couldn't. I was also very immpressed with the free food that they have in the dining room, very generous and great food, not like most free continental breakfast that have you doing the drive through thing a hour later. I have travelled extensively and stayed in many places, I will always remember my stay here. Impressed, Impressed, Impressed!.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nighthawk64
WOW! Thank you so much for the very nice review.I apprecite you taking the time after your journey to still remember us here in Coeur d alene.We strive to have all our guests feel the way you did and I am happy we were able to IMPRESS you during your travels. Stop by anytime!