WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Resort City Inn

Resort City Inn
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
seattle
“Centrally located and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Right on a busy thru street but not noisy( except maybe in the rooms right next to the street...we were in the room second from the street and it seemed quiet enough to me) Multiple choices for meals within just a block or two..also shops and galleries, brews and wine.. I have back trouble and usually motel/hotel beds are uncomfortable for me but not here. Nice bedding, too...and even the art on the walls is a step up from the norm. They have a room next to the office which is set up for free breakfast. Muffins, toast, cereal and milk, coffee and juice, hot chocolate, peanut butter and english mufins...very nice perk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank skclazysusan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a wonderful motel!!! Cozy, warm, comfortable and great location! My daughter and I happened upon this motel by accident as we thought (my mistake, I guess--still haven't figured out how I did this) we had made reservations at another chain motel--boy were we happily surprised, Mary and the staff were great and very helpful. We parked our car and walked all around the Coeur D'Alene area. I highly recommend this place! Room was beyond clean and bedding was very comfortable--and I am particular about pillows!!! Stay--it's great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kikimitchell51
Cranbrook, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Resort City Inn a couple of times and love it there and as always, our Fourth of July foray to Coeur d'Alene was wonderful. The rooms are clean, the water pressure in the shower is amazing and the upper level patio is a great place to unwind at the end of the day. We didn't make use of the grill but there is one available. Leave the car parked and walk Sherman Avenue - numerous eclectic stores and outside patios await you. Mary and the staff are welcoming and you'll feel like you are visiting old friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DSEngels
milton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This little hot spot has many return guest, the week end we stayed the place was full. I had started to look about a month out and the week end was full but could get a week night.
I had called and emailed several times to see If I made it off of the wait list although I was a bit disappointed we proceeded to at least keep the one week day we had booked. Apron arrival I walked in the office and the front desk advised they had a cancelation. I walked out to tell my husband who was talking to the manager who was sweeping the steps. As we talked to others who were lodging, there was only one other couple besides us who were not return guest.

About the room it self . it is your standard hotel room , very clean and comfortable, the hotel it self has no pool but quick beach access. This was very important since we road our motorcycle and did not want to gear up every time we wanted to go to town or the beach. They offer a continental break fast with some cereal with assorted bread items, with quick access to many old town restaurants to walk too.

On the upper deck is a patio to relax and take in the area with lawn chair and tables.
Tip:1
The price is very reasonable and can be booked on a few websites, but to best fit your need call them directly, you will find a resourceful and kind staff at the other end.
Tip:2
book well in advance (many return guest)
Tip:3
This area has the best happy hours for food and drink , most starting at 2:00 p.m. and you can walk to most.
Tip:4 If you ride motorcycle this is the spot for you!

Room Tip: cal them directly if you want to get the best room and date
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Ignatius, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

My travel companion and I were on our way back to Montana and got hit with a horrible snowstorm and decided to wait it out at this motel. The staff was great and the room was warm and cozy. I can't wait to visit it again in the summer. Thank you Resort City Inn Manager and staff....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank James S
Plains, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. It has a great location, great price and clean rooms! Walking distance to many great shops, lake and restaurants. Would recommend this to anyone that doesn't want to pay the high price of the CDA resort but loves to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hortonklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good location and only a short walk to several bars and restaurants.

Comfortable bed but the bedding could use an update. I know in another review it said that the walls were thin but we didn't notice at all.

Great place to stay at a VERY reasonable price.

Room Tip: Chose a ground level floor if you struggle with stairs or have a lot of luggage, there is no elevat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple