“Hooked on Greek!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympia Restaurant

Olympia Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 249 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Harlingen, Texas
“Hooked on Greek!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

The best Greek food ever!! Stopped by for a late lunch after attending the CDA Art Festival. Unfortunately for us, it was our last day in CDA, or we would be going back again. We had the stuffed grape leaves and fried cheese (I won't even try to remember the Greek names) for appetizers. All four of us ordered a cup of the lemon chicken soup as well. Since we were too early for the dinner menu (after 4:00pm, we all ordered the souvlaki (one lamb, three chicken). Everything was outstanding!! We are all hooked on Greek food now. Unfortunately, this place probably spoiled us and will be the benchmark for all Greek restaurants from here on. I also want to mention how great the service was.....very friendly and attentive. This is on our list to go back to whenever we come back to CDA.

1 Thank billb1959

• Turkish first
vancouver
“they make you feel like family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

good food, large portions, at reasonable prices, served by really genuinely friendly people.

Will definitely go back when in Coeur d'Alene.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thornton, Colorado
“I have regrets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

My regret is not eating here until our final night in Coeur d'Alene --well, actually we tried the day before (Wed), but they close early (3 p.m.) Mon-Wed. Don't ask me why.

We've eaten at a lot of Greek joints over the years, but this has to be one of my favorites. Really good gyros wrapped in fresh pitas (recommendation: add the feta when asked!). I wish we had another night to eat here.

• Visited July 2011
“Euros are good eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

First night in town, stopped here and wasn't dissappointed. Kind server and good food! Kids meal was spot on, looking forward to our next visit!

Tensed, Idaho
“Lasting First Impression”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

When it come to good restaurants (and people), my experience has been that your first impression is usually right. I recently moved from Chicago to the Coeur d' alene area, and have been searching out eateries that live up to my somewhat "big city" taste. Chicago has so many great gyro places, that a quick walk down the street will usually gratify your cravings for this famous Greek delicacy. With my first drive past the Olympia restaurant, the word "Gyros" leapt out at me in friendly blue letters, and enticed me in. I had not had a 'real' Gyro sandwich since leaving Chicago nearly 4 years prior, but I was still skeptical, having sampled the best and worst of Gyros back home. Chicagoans tend to be very picky, yet proud, of our hot dogs, pizza and gyros and they are abundant enough there to spoil ones self with the variety and availability. This is what made my experience at Olympia so special. Upon walking in, I was greeted by friendly people, the beautiful blue and white flag of Greece, the blue and white decor, (even the Pepsi™ glasses where Blue.) Did I mention that Blue is my favorite color? The gyro sandwich was one of the best I have ever tasted. A light, and fresh, cucumber sauce, freshly made 'hot' Pita bread, and the gyro meat sliced at just the right thickness; the price very affordable, and portions generous.The wait staff was so attentive and friendly, and the many customers seemed to all be in a cheerful mood as well, making our first experience at Olympia very enjoyable. I am so happy to have found this restaurant, and plan to return tomorrow to sample the other menu items, such as the homemade soups, (but I mainly want to make it a regular stop for my gyro fix!) The location is within walking distance of beautiful Lake Coeur d' alene, and in the heart of the shopping district as well, while still maintaining a cozy distance, as an out-of-the-way place to eat. What a find. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2011