“Soso all around. Nothing to rave about here.”
Review of Beachouse Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Beachouse Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

A very awkward experience to say the least.
The food quality was good but the service was really odd. It seemed as though the entire staff...except for one...was working their first night ever in any for of a service industry. Our hostess was texting the entire meal.
Our server took our order twice as she forgot half of the orders. She spilled condiments and it took her at least 3 minutes to clean it up. When she finally cleaned it she spille it on me.
Upon asking for a straw, she proceeded to thrust it violently into my glass for me...again very awkward.

When we asked for a to go box, she said "no...you can't have a box" then paused and giggled. Not really that funny.

I'd never recommend or return unless I was starving and or without any other dining options.

Good luck with the high school servers if you decide to eat here.

The food was good...but not good enough to make up for the odd dining experience.

1  Thank ColbyFromMontana

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This review is a 3 1/2!! Having lived directly above this restaurant for 8 years, we have been here dozens of times. Its part of the Hagadone empire and frankly probably his least popular restaurant in the city. If staying at the resort, they will bring you here in one of their vans. This place is right at the marina and does alot of business in the summer with the few warm months that C'da has. The views here are awesome!! Right on the lake! The outside deck is very nice with heaters should things get chilly! You can order to go for the marina or for your boat. The food here is frankly hit or miss. Limited menu and frankly not very kid friendly with very high prices. My kids and their friends did not like the few items on kids menu at all. The ribs here are decent but 18.99 for a half of a rack and the clams are just ok. Fish & Chips for 17.99! Really? I do like their fish tacos and have ordered them several times. Their ny strip is good for a cool 29.99, surf and turf is hit or miss. We have had excellent salmon meals here and last summer they had taco tuesday nights. On a few late evenings they even had a dj playing , a nice twist after a day of partying on the boat. The place looks wornout from the outside, but once inside you will love the decor. I do. Lots of wood. The bar area is small, but they finally added a tv or two and the bartenders are always nice. Very limited beer choices, limited wine, and the speciality drinks are ok. This place should kick butt, but in the winter in literally almost shuts down. They actually have closed it down for the winters before. They really should do better than that with the location on the lake and close to town. There is a reason many people, including those who live walking distance, dont go here more often, and I think its the lack of diversity on the menu, and the prices. They should do more things in the bar area in the winter too to increase business. Its not fun being all by yourself at 8pm in the bar. One positive thing is you can pull your boat up to the docks and come right on in to eat or drink. Enjoy the sunsets here!!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I'd like to try this restaurant again...when we went, my husband had a piece of chicken get lodged in his throat. We'll have to try it again.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We enjoy the Beachouse when we are in the area. Excellent quality food.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Well, I've heard great things about this place. I've only been there once, and it was a long time ago. The food I had was delicious. However, there were two people in our party who had the same seafood dish and got sick. We all wrote to the restaurant and never heard back. One couple called them but was not pleased with the results. Everyone makes mistakes, but they should take responsibility and try to make amends. We thought maybe a refund on those dishes or a free "give us another try" coupon. But, nothing. Again, it was a long time ago.