“Disapppointed”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I took my visiting granddaughters to Crickets because I had good food and service there in the past. I could not finish my sandwich nor could one granddaughter. She barely tasted her black bean burger before giving up. The youngest daughter had an okay cheese pizza. In addition, the service was so slow that I feared getting a parking ticket. I do not know what happened in the two years since my last visit, but I know I will only give it one more chance. For $40+ dollars, I expected more.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The menu has a nice variety. We enjoyed salmon and avocado and our grandson enjoyed corn dogs. The Visitor Center recommended Crickets to us.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I gave this place 4 stars for what it is: a quintessential Coeur d Alene-y bar that mostly serves burgers, sandwiches, fish and chips etc. Its decor looks the same it did 20 years ago, and is just fine with those of us that don't like surprises. I consistently get what I expect about 95% of time, and it is solid. I almost invariably leave it content.

Those expecting culinary genius or experimentation should go to a bigger city. Those expecting fantastic service in any restaurant in a summertime locale that hires peak-time waitstaff for only about 2 1/2 months per year are being unrealistic. Look, this is a bar on Sherman where you can get decent comfort food at reasonable prices in a throwback atmosphere. Ergo, I like. Other places come and go with the wind.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Service was not great but the food was pretty good. They have a patio out back that you can see the marina on the lake.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Food was great, even ate off my son's kid menu plate. Everything was fresh and tasted great. Had the potato soup based on our super friendly waitress' "Jackie" recommendation. Decor a bit outdated, but I'm going for food not decorating ideas. A good value for the price also.

1  Thank jenngreco