“Good Food & Beer”

Ranked #8 of 263 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Atmosphere was pretty typical for a bar/restaurant, but we enjoyed our food and definitely approved of the beer selection. My patty melt was good, but I think I enjoyed the pasta salad on the side even more. My wife's bean burger was perhaps even better, and the service was very friendly. A nice lunch in Coeur d'Alene.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the first stop on our father/daughter tour of the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area, and we were not disappointed. Moon Time has a vibrant crowd, often times waiting several groups deep for seats. We snuck in right before the crowd, and were seated immediately (first come/first serve). They have a great selection of local and traditional beers, as well as the usual fare of soft drinks. My daughter and I split the potato gnocchi (with house made pesto) as an appetizer...which turned out to be our favorite item from our week long trip! I had a spicy and flavorful southwest chicken sandwhich, and my daughter had the turkey pot pie (both huge servings). Neither one were disappointing. The waitress was quick and efficient, even giving me a complimentary beer when our order was a little delayed by two large groups. We were too full for dessert, but saw several tasty items being delivered to tables. I discovered Moon Time through other tripadvisor reviews...and I am glad we took the recommendations and went!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I really rely on reviews when I am in unfamiliar territory. Based on the other reviews of this place, I expected it to be better than it was. My daughter got the noodles fron the kids menu--it looked great but tasted "fine". My son got the pot pie; the accompanying Caesar salad was excellent but the pie had a sweet taste and the crust was bland. My husband and I shared the gumbo and spinach salad with lemon dressing. The salad was very good. The gumbo did not taste very good at all--the only ingredient we could taste was "hot". It looked and tasted like old ham and bean soup with a tiny bit of sausage, ity bity bay shrimp, with a pinch of rice thrown in. I love a good gumbo and was so disappointed. On a positive note, we loved the music and bohemian atmosphere. My husband loved that there were two tv's with "the game" on.

So my review is mixed. Some really good things, some okay, and some that just didn't hit the mark.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Service was slow, waitress was grumpy, out of what we wanted even though it was only 7 p.m. on a Sunday nite! What we did order was bar food not good

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great little gastro pub right in my backyard! We go here often and always love the service, ambiance and beer. Great appetizers, love the Moon Burger (medium) and any IPAs. Only downfall is that I wish it was closer to the lake, just such a beautiful view wasted on such lesser locations.

1  Thank Rita M