“I've actually had worse”
Review of Dragon House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dragon House
Ranked #186 of 256 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese
Salem, Oregon
“I've actually had worse”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

But not for a long time. I usually try to give credit to places that are really trying so as not to give them a bad rap. I also need to be honest and appreciate honest reviews from others.
We stayed next door and saw this place and decided to walk over and give it a try. Parking lot empty, weeds growing along the curb should have been our first clue. There were a few people inside, so we ignored the prompting to walk out. The service was fine. My water glass had some food stuck to the inside (a lemon seed possibly). The Egg Flower soup had the addition of lima beans, green beans, corn, peas and square cut carrots straight out of the frozen mixed veggie bag (always a bad sign in any restaurant, and especially Asian ones), thickened with corn starch. My husband thought it ok, I did not, so perhaps a matter of taste.
Our food when it arrived was all the same color, and all deep fried. The Prawns were heavily battered and fried to a crisp with a tiny bit of hot ketchup. The Sweet and Sour Pork, also battered and fried had a decent bbq type sauce but was a bit tough & chewy. The Almond Chicken and Egg Foo Young had the same gravy type sauce covering them, same color, taste and consistency. Of course the Almond Chicken was battered and fried, and even the Egg Foo was crispy fried. Hubby said the Chow Mein was ok (I don't like the chow mein noodles so passed on that). His BBQ Short Ribs tended to be tough and chewy. Hunger drove it down, that's the only excuse I have for eating, but we both agreed it was anything but good.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Debimlee

Minot, North Dakota
“Super place”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a great place to go. The food is excellent and so is the service. The waitresses can remember us every time we go there even if its been six months. I just love it!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank jungljimy
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Cheap”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you like lots of carrots and onions, then this is your place. I ordered two seperate dishes for take out. I was taken alright. One was a chicken dish and the other was beef. When I got home, the only reason I could tell they were different was the small amount of beef and chicken in each container. The vegetables looked like they had been cooked together and they tasted identical. What irritated me the most was they used too much of and the most cheapest of vegetables. I will never go back to this place again.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank KnowBS
Jerome, Idaho
“Average prices, well below average taste.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Here on a business trip and decided to stop in for lunch, wish I would have went elsewhere. This place is "average" at best for atmosphere, but the sauce on the food was blech! If you want good Chinese food in this town, keep looking. Like another person said, the egg flower soup was OK, but my main course tasted "funny", if ya know what I mean. meow.

• Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blech!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Terrible food and not really clean. Nobody enjoyed their dinner. Locals seemed to flock to the place and raved about it.