“Loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cellar Restaurant - CLOSED

The Cellar Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Coeur d'Alene's Premier Restaurant & Bar. Featuring live music, modern northwest cuisine, handcrafted cocktails - selected local beers on tap and one of the most extensive wine lists in the area with a 3000 bottle cellar, "AWARD OF EXCELLENCE" from WINE SPECTATOR 2013 thru 2016. Truly a sight to behold! Our cuisine highlights the best of local farmers and producers to create an unique dining experience paired. We strive to create authentic food and hospitality for our guests so they feel like they have experienced something a little different and special. Life can be so good...
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped in for a bottle of wine and appetizers, so decided to sit in the cellar to get a view of the wines and to see the new set up. It's nice. Slick. I found myself missing the old funkiness. We ordered the encrusted brie and found it good, but quite different from what used to be served. We ordered a completely enjoyable Mediterranean pizza and a bottle of tasty red wine. It was all nice, but since the remodel I noticed that all the hard surfaces cause normal restaurant noise to be very present. We had a hard time carrying on a conversation. I found myself leaning into my husband's ear to be heard. The wines are pricey, but I guess if you are a buff you might appreciate the selection. Our waiter was knowledgeable and gracious... but I am a romantic. I miss the old cellar.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jan S

Inland Northwest, Us
“Don't forget to order Dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The newly renovated Wine Cellar is beautiful! It has an enjoyable atmosphere, with seating inside on two levels and outside in the front of the restaurant. The decor is inviting with walls of brick, glass and wine barrels! The menu is not huge, but it is excellent. My husband and I had appetizers and desserts on one occasion. I also visit on another occasion with family and I had a regular entree. We were not disappointed with our food. The Scallop Appetizer is very flavorful, as well as the Calamari Appetizer with vegetables. Among the group, we had the Roasted Chicken entree, the Lamb entree and the Seafood Boulibase entree. And don't forget to order dessert! The Pastry Chef always has a special that is delicious but I especially love the Lemon Bars!
The prices are reasonable for an upscale restaurant, which this is. We will return often.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Wildsongs
Spokane, Washington
“Lovely location, good food and nice service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I visited the Wine Cellar with 7 other friends on September 5, 2012, We were seated in the lower level of the wine cellar which is newly renovated and enlarged. It was perfect because we were told it can be a bit noisy upstairs and we knew we would make a lot of noise ourselves.

It was our first visit although several others in the party had been there before. The setting was fantastic-their beautiful wine cellar, (although hard on the server who has to walk up and down stairs), the food was good although not spectacular. The server was lovely and very patient with us. It is always hard on the server when the group is in such a jovial mood and doesn't really pay attention to what she is trying to do. She very nicely put our bills on indiviual checks but made it harder on herself since we reallywanted to split the bill and host two of the guests. That was surprising because most restaurants won't even allow seperate checks for large parties. But she went redid the bills with a smile and was very accomodating.

The wine selection is terrific and they have a unique wine tasting system where you pay for as many servings as you want in whatever size you want.

All in all it was a nice restaurant in the heart of downtown Coeur d' Alene and we would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went to the wine cellar tonight for supper and came back to our hotel room hungry. My husband and I are small eaters but the portion you offered we so miniature, we left hungry. The acoustics in the restaurant are dreadful and everyone shouts, creating an extremely noisy place to sit. We will not return...

6 Thank Christhebrit
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Was good now very bad and over priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We loved the people the staff and the food but more important the wine. The new wine cellar is now Hollywood prices bad service and bad wine. We went in to order the full Italian dinner as before but no longer on the menu. We were told we have a larger kitchen and now few items on the menu and less wine. We looked at the salmon at $28.00 plus $7.00 for salad plus $7.00 for mashed potatoes and $9.00 for 4 small pieces of bread. The wine is now no less than $7.00 to $10.00 a glass or $50.00 a bottle. Our dinner would have cost around $51.00 each without the wine or tip. After planning the cost it would have cost us $145.00 for what we wanted for dinner with wine. We left after paying for 2 glasses of wine and 4 pieces of bread $27.00. All the people around us were very upset at the food and prices. All said too small portion and too much for the basic.

I am sorry this is not Hollywood and you had a good thing going but now over priced low class food and bad service. This is Coeur D Alene not Hollywood come winter time good luck. Now before you gave us good food for good price and now just bad food high prices and little food.

Now about the comment from the waitress (I hate Coeur D Alene people because they are so cheap). Well yes we are but live here year around.
We went to tomato Street for dinner. This was a birthday dinner for my daughter that lived in Italia for a year. So sad but owners are now to greedy.

• Visited August 2012