“Hamburgers but not much else.”

Hudson's Hamburgers
Ranked #8 of 255 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
California
“Hamburgers but not much else.”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is a hole in the wall place with bar seating for about 15 people. Very tiny, don't go if you're claustrophobic. The burgers were identical to the ones my mother made when I was little, they just throw patties on the grill. It was fun watching the cook hacking off chunks of meat with a spatula. The burgers are good but very basic. Onions, cheese or pickles, that's it. There are sauces on the bar but they don't serve mayonnaise. No french fries. I think they served ham and egg sandwiches but that was about it except for a choice of pies. Worth a trip if you like burgers.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Good, not great.”
Reviewed July 18, 2009

It's a good burger. Nothing special. No credit cards. Usually crowded. It seems like it would be a better atmosphere if you've lived here all your life and knew everyone in town. I'm new here, so I just felt like an outsider. That being said, the burger was pretty good.

Cd'A, Idaho
“Most over-rated burger on earth”
Reviewed June 26, 2009

What a disappointment. After hearing for years, "You HAVE to have a Huddy burger!" I couldn't wait. My wife and I entered the crowded closet of a place, and finally found adjacent stools. When we were seated, we watched as the cook pressed out paper-thin burger patties and served them up Belushi-style (NO COKE! PEPSI!) Our burgers were thrown in front of us unceremoniously, as we were asked, "Drink?" with the air of, "Time's wasting, tell me what you want, quick." To drive this point home, people behind us were impatiently lined up, shifting their weight from one foot to the other, so they could have their shot at the trough. Certainly it would all be worth it when the wonder-burger hit our lips...Nah. Plain old paper-thin burger in an assembly line atmosphere. I can appreciate the historical element, but puh-lease quit telling me about the burgers being wonderful. If you want a quick, thin burger, go to the Longboard; at least its location in the back of a gas station doesn't offer any pretentions to greatness.

6 Thank justagoodmeal
Northern Idaho
“Simple Old Fashioned Burgers...”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Good burgers. Not much else on the menu... but after 100 years in business why change that... simple. simple. simple. You have to at least try it one time! Historic burgers. Everything is fresh and it makes the difference. FYI- not alot of sitting room, but it is downtown so get your order and head outside and sit on one of the many benches.

1 Thank Stafford3
Boise, ID
“Just ok”
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Nothing special, saw it on TV felt it would be worth a shot. Pie was good. Hopefully there are better places.