“Best Hamburger on the planet”

Hudson's Hamburgers
Ranked #8 of 249 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Tacoma, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Hamburger on the planet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

Service was spectacular. Sociable, very friendly staff made me feel right at home, then came the hamburger! Simply the best. How could that be? I don't know; it's magic I surmise.

1 Thank TravelerTacoma_WA

Spokane
“OK burgers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

Service people are rude, no condiments, no fries, just burgers and they are nothing special.

8 Thank Geowonder
Rathdrum Id
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in Idaho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

I lived in Coeur d'Alene Idaho for over 10 years before I made a trip to Hudson's. Now my husband and I try to go at least once a week. No frills with the burger and no fries. You have to eat the double cheeseburger with pickle & onion. It is so juicy that when you bite into it the juice dribble's out. Also the staff is really friendly. It is a have to visit if you are in the area.

1 Thank debtren
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Real cool place to visit- just not a burger fan myself. It's over 100 years old!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
cda, id
“French Fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

I moved to Coeur d'Alene about 8 years ago. One of the first places that I stopped to eat was at Hudson's Hamburgers. I asked the girl waiting on me for "a cheeseburger and fries."

"We don't have fries, but you can have pie," she noted.

I looked around confused and replied, "I think you misunderstood. I would like french fries, not pie."

She smiled and said, "We don't serve french fries, but we do have great pies here!"

So, no, they do not have french fries there and that is the only thing that could make Hudson's any better than it is -- is by having french fries with their great burgers.

It's 11:10am and I am heading over to Hudson's in about 45 minutes to get a couple double cheeseburgers. Probably the wrong time in the day as you'll more than likely have to stand and wait for a stool to open up to sit down, since there is only a finite amount of space there to sit down.

Is it worth the wait? Sure it is. :)

-don