“OK burgers” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Spokane
“OK burgers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

Service people are rude, no condiments, no fries, just burgers and they are nothing special.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Geowonder

Rathdrum Id
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in Idaho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

I lived in Coeur d'Alene Idaho for over 10 years before I made a trip to Hudson's. Now my husband and I try to go at least once a week. No frills with the burger and no fries. You have to eat the double cheeseburger with pickle & onion. It is so juicy that when you bite into it the juice dribble's out. Also the staff is really friendly. It is a have to visit if you are in the area.

1 Thank debtren
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Real cool place to visit- just not a burger fan myself. It's over 100 years old!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
cda, id
“French Fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

I moved to Coeur d'Alene about 8 years ago. One of the first places that I stopped to eat was at Hudson's Hamburgers. I asked the girl waiting on me for "a cheeseburger and fries."

"We don't have fries, but you can have pie," she noted.

I looked around confused and replied, "I think you misunderstood. I would like french fries, not pie."

She smiled and said, "We don't serve french fries, but we do have great pies here!"

So, no, they do not have french fries there and that is the only thing that could make Hudson's any better than it is -- is by having french fries with their great burgers.

It's 11:10am and I am heading over to Hudson's in about 45 minutes to get a couple double cheeseburgers. Probably the wrong time in the day as you'll more than likely have to stand and wait for a stool to open up to sit down, since there is only a finite amount of space there to sit down.

Is it worth the wait? Sure it is. :)

-don

4 Thank dark4sorrow
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is no other on the same plane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

Having lived here in Coeur d'Alene for the last 20 years I can tell you, there is no comparison to the "Huddy Burger" served at Hudson's. They smash the fresh beef, no patty forming really, just a grab and smash, on the grill and dished up.

It's not only a tourist favorite but a local shrine. I take my son there every Tuesday for a Huddy Burger and a slice of pie.

You can also buy their secret sauces, $5 bucks for both sauces to take home and put on your own burgers, there is no rival for taste. I just got back from having two doubles and some orange pop and I am stuffed.

BTW if you are ever in Coeur d'Alene and stop in to order one up, the local lingo is this If you want a double cheeseburger with pickles and onion, it's "double cheese both" a single burger no cheese and no onion or pickle is "single no cheese plain"

There are no frills about the place and that's how we like it, you get your burger fast and you are up and out, so the folks lining up at the register and outside can get in and mack down on the local flavor.

Do NOT miss out on a Huddy Burger if you are ever here.

1 Thank theidahodream