“Fun fast food at a good price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fun fast food at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

You have to eat at Hudson's if you are downtown... it is a tradition! Prepare to eat two hamburgers with a slice of fresh pie or three hamburgers alone. Reasonably priced... go off lunch hour to reduce wait time.

• Visited August 2013

“Best Burger EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Steve and Todd Hudson, Harley’s great-grandsons still slice the raw onion and pickles and hand form the burgers to order. Don’t let the line stop you from waiting or placing an order to go! I prefer to wait for a counter stool vacancy and chat with the staff and locals. Burgers and Pie with sodas are offered. No fires offered but you won’t miss them while enjoying this juicy burger or two. Be sure to add in the hot mustard or ketchup and keep the napkins handy. Tell Steve and Todd, Mel’s daughter, Connie sent you! It’s a true family friendly place where my family (multiple generations) spend a great deal of time at year round. Book a tour with StarkTours.org today!

Boise, Idaho
“An institution... but a little disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was in CDA for business and one of the local guys mentioned Hudson's. I had walked by it the day before and was intrigued by the "since 1907" on their sign. So I decided I would give it a shot that afternoon. I walked into a crowded diner with absolutely nowhere to sit so I ordered a cheese burger to go. I was asked what sauces I wanted, and feeling a little rushed, I just said all of them. I later learned that you can choose spicy mustard and a mild or spicy red sauce. After about a 15 minute wait I got my burger and went outside to eat it on a bench. The bun is a cheap bun, nothing at all special. Reminds me of the bag of 8 you can buy for 88 cents at some discount stores. The onion was very, very lightly grilled, so basically raw. I took it off and threw it away. The meat was good and pretty tasty. It was the best part of the burger. The mustard overwhelmed the taste and I would not get it again. All in all, it was an OK burger... not unlike anything that I can make at home. I would eat it again if I was in the area and wanted a snack.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matt C
Ankeny, Iowa
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good hamburger, but not worth the wait in line to get one. You can't have it your way...their way or nothing.

2 Thank Suet0250
Marion, Iowa
“Good burgers - small place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Tiny, tiny ancient hamberger joint. Fun place, good burgers. We took our food to go to avoid the long wait to sit down at rush hour. Next door, the serve alcohol and allowed us to use their outdoor seating.