“Ironman”

SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed one night for the Ironman. Property is beautiful but the price was steep! Layout was odd with placement of bathroom door at the end of the beds. It didn't feel like we had the privacy that would be preferable. The TV was hard to see from the bed by the window.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank frommontana74
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I always look forward to staying at the Spring Hill Suites in Coeur d Alene as I consider this hotel as my home away from home as I travel quite frequently for business and this hotel, staff and service stand out amongst many Marriott properties. Convenient location and wonderful staff! Kudos to Dana as she is always there for recommendations for dining and any business needs i.e. airport car service etc. Great experience this past week at the Iron Man competition as the athletes were welcomed and provided the highest quality of service. I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Joan P
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Tucker and all his friendly staff made our two stays (six nights total) at this hotel most enjoyable. The hotel looks new and is kept very clean. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. The refrigerator and microwave in each room are a nice touch. The staff had several good restaurant suggestions. Perhaps the best part of this hotel is the friendly and positive attitude of all staff members -- management, front desk, food servers, and housekeeping. Housekeeping was particularly adept at always having our room cleaned quickly even with our varying vacation schedule. The evening hospitality gatherings led to meeting several nice people. Overall a very pleasant and positive experience.

Room Tip: 4th floor, south wing, high odd numbers
1  Thank Ted S
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Seriously. I have never been to a hotel where the staff from the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast service have not been nicer. It is almost too good to be true. Definitely tops in the many, many hotels that I have stayed in over the past 30 years. The property is located off Interstate 90 and is very new. The rooms are spacious and can accommodate a family of 4 (especially since my kids are now much older than they were 10 years ago). The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast is very good. My only complaint is with Marriott corporate. When I booked the room, central reservations gave me a rate that I thought was quite high. Everything in the town was booked up for the triathlon so I went ahead and secured the reservation. YET, when I checked in to the hotel, I asked about the rate and the very next day I got an email from the Director of Sales saying that my rate had been reduced for all the days that I was staying at the hotel. Again, SERVICE is key in this industry and the Springhill Suites has a lock on what SERVICE should be. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TriSportsTraveler
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I cannot tell you how many poorly run, dumpy hotels I have had to stay in, during the course of my travels. I am SO GLAD to say The Spring Hill Suites in Coeur d'Alene was NOTHING like that! A really beautiful lobby and business center. The whole place is just put together really well. There's a sense of "flow" to the design and decor (the outside "fire tables" were inviting and warm during the chilly evenings.) Tucker and all the staff were so friendly and helpful! Their advice on local dining, activities and sights really made our stay special. When we return next year, we will be staying at the Spring Hill Suites. Thanks for making it so great!

2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed June 25, 2014

You immediately got the feeling of a new hotel -- that special look. Contrary to other reviewers, we got a top floor on the end. No problem with noise. Beds are superb, room was clean, and the sitting area and workstation are well designed. Breakfast was very good with fresh fruit. Very convenient to the downtown area and other area attractions.

Room Tip: I would recommend a top floor, end, to avoid the issues other reviewers give.
1  Thank Carlton B
SHSCDA, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Carlton B, - Thank you for highlighting the great features that the NEW SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene has to offer. We pride ourselves on offering a lodging experience different from any other hotel in Coeur d'Alene. Please stay with us again during your next visit to the area.

Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Regards,

Matt Hofmann - Director of Sales - SpringHIll Suites by Marriott

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Although the hotel is new, the rooms are small and walls are thin. Had to call the front desk three times in middle of the night due to noise in the front of the hotel. If you are the front of the hotel, you will hear noise from the road. Room was clean, but difficult to relax due to noise level overall. Parking was ample, but one part of the parking lot was quite dark as the light was out. IF I returned, I would request an upper level room at the back of the property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ITTravelerArizona

Dear ITTravelerArizona - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the NEW SpringHill Suites in Coeur d'Alene. We always try our best to accommodate the requests of our guests that are sensitive to noise. As you noted, we have great access to the interstate which has its advantages and disadvantages. We also are nestled up to the Riverstone complex which features the pond at Riverstone, the Spokane River, and our native Ponderosa pines which offers a more serine feel to the south of our property. We do our best to position those noise related special requests strategically in the building. Please let us know for your next visit to Coeur d'Alene, we will ensure a peaceful experience.

Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Regards - Matt Hofmann - Director of Sales