“The two nights I stayed here were by far the best of my entire road trip.”
Review of Blackwell Hotel

Blackwell Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Boise, Idaho
“The two nights I stayed here were by far the best of my entire road trip.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Liz, the host was wonderful. She immediately made me feel completely at home. The house is gorgeous, decorated with local artists' work (also available for purchase). Our room was comfortable, beautiful, and quiet. What a pleasure to stay here. I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Coeur D'Alene and are so glad we selected this hotel. Great location. A beautiful heritage home. We were originally booked in a room on the 3rd floor but while we were there the days were very hot and the air conditioning was maxed out. Luckily for us, Liz our host, moved us to a beautiful room on the 2nd floor. Enjoying a glass of wine or two on the veranda and watching the world go by was a great way to end each day. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this city.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A little advice... Don't stay anywhere else in Coeur d'Alene.

Great location.
Great service.
Beautiful house.
Big, comfortable room.
Modern amenities.
Indoor and outdoor living spaces.
Delicious breakfast.
Reasonable rates.

You found the right spot, book a room!

1 Thank Bcohen13
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My best friend had her wedding here and rented the place for the bridal party all weekend. It was beautiful, excellent breakfast, full access to the house and kitchen. Lizz was amazing taking care of the wedding plans and helping everywhere she could. It was like she was part of the family trying to make it as special as possible.

It was also close to shopping and the lake. We were able to take morning hikes and enjoy the views!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 which had and awesome bathroom and fireplace that overlooked the back yard.
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I just held my wedding at Blackwell and it was fabulous. We ended up renting the venue for the entire weekend and we could not have made a better decision. The property is absolutely beautiful, the beds are to die for comfortable and Liz was amazing. Her hospitality and help throughout the weekend made everything go so much smoother for my wedding, and she did our wedding ceremony too. I am glad that I decided to go with the Blackwell as my wedding venue and to rent it for the entire weekend. It allowed me, as the bride to really relax and take my time on the day of the wedding since we were able to set everything up the day before. Liz also was a hug help with that, she made sure things were taken care of so that my mother could also relax and enjoy my special day. Although I am from the CDA area, I am sure my husband and I will return next year for our anniversary. It was just an awesome experience and I have nothing at all to complain about. I highly recommend looking into the Blackwell if you are looking for a wedding venue, and if you are just looking for a place to stay, this is more affordable and a very great experience that you cannot receive at either the resort or other hotels.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We could not have been more pleased with the Blackwell Hotel! Not only is it a charming place in it's own right, it's accommodations, staff (especially Liz) and proximity to downtown and the lake all add up to lots of smiles. This is the place to be; we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Room #7 is on the third floor and has it's own private bath…spectacular! Only criticism (and a...
1 Thank Joe T
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the day without reservations. We were greeted warmly and given a very comfortable, historic room overlooking the street. We could easily imagine the history that this beautiful place has probably experienced.

The house is very nicely restored with modern amenities. The food and service were very nice. Lizz is a gracious hostess.

We enjoyed exploring downtown Coeur d'Alene after a short walk on a nice summer evening.

Breakfast on the back porch was refreshing.

Overall, a very nice introduction to Coeur d'Alene!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple