“Just gets better and better”
Review of Satay Bistro

Satay Bistro
Ranked #7 of 264 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The service is great. The food is delicious. They don't have a hard liquor license but they do have saki, beer and wine. They make one drink that is muddled raspberries, saki and a splash of champagne that is delicious. Rob, the owner, is a real asset and makes you feel special.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Once again I entertained business clients for a fun enjoyable dinner out. I really can't say enough about the selection, knowledge of our service (dang if I can remember her name), appearance of the plate, unique taste of every dish. The care & time these folks put into this restaurant is incomparable. I keep saying I'm going to have the baked Brie for an appetizer & again for my meal but there are too many great items.

This time when dessert was being served I mentioned to the server that I had wanted to take a picture of my dinner plate to post on Trip advisor but forgot. She took my phone in camera mode to the kitchen & got a picture for me of what I had eaten.

This place is awesome for a great food.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation via phone for 10 people for my parents 46th anniversary. When we arrived, the restaurant was closed without notification; even a note on the door. It wasn't just us. Another family of 5 pulled in and was also disappointed. Poor and tacky customer service is as far as we got.

5  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We just happened in for lunch after another place we wanted to go to was closed, and liked it so much we came back for dinner. Everything we had was absolutely excellent. Sampled both of the soups, and each was subtle and delicious. The mango salad was so good my wife insisted on having it with dinner as well. This is a restaurant that could easily be dropped into the heart of Seattle, and it would do just fine.

The baked brie was very good, but also very sweet - I'd recommend it as dessert, except that the bread pudding is the best I have ever had, including what I had at Daniel in New York - a Michelin rated restaurant.

They are not far off the freeway- well worth the stop. The atmosphere is really excellent, and huge attention to detail was put into the interior. Service was also excellent, except for a glitch putting in the entrée order. Fortunately, we were not in a hurry, liked having the time to digest our opening courses, and both the waitress and the owner apologized.

We will be going back next time we are in the area!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We travel all over the world. We eat all over the world. Tonight we ate one of our best meals ever, in Cour d'Alene Idaho! Satay Bistro can stand right up there with the best! From the moment we walked in the door, the service was exceptional. A nice wine and bar list too, but the highlight was the meal! Absolute perfection! Flavors were spot on with the Chilean Sea Bass, and the prawn and scallop with house made black pasta . The menu was a wonderfully intriguing and we are certainly returning to try more options.

1  Thank crabbkakes