“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Satay Bistro

Satay Bistro
Ranked #11 of 251 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Post Falls, Idaho
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great fun for lunch. Unique menu and the service staff was great. They have an amazing wine cellar, that you can do wine tasting and dinner. Looking forward to our next party.

• Visited April 2013

“Quaint yet classy and inviting”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Finally made it in to Satay for the first time. Only stopped in for appetizers and drinks but everything we ordered was amazing, right down to the martini i had. Very yummy! Especially the bread. You have to try the bread. Really looking forward to actually having dinner next time. Love the decor and atmosphere, I was delightfully surprised when I went in.

My only issue , although a small one, is that portions are pretty small based on their cost, however, we did only have appetizers

• Visited April 2013
Hayden Lake
“Great new restaurant in Coeur d'Alene Idaho”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've had several meals at this restaurant and enjoyed every one. I recommend the "spoons" (appetizers) as well as the salad with truffle oil vinaigrette, both of which were excellent. Presentation was outstanding as was the service.

1 Thank ishad0w
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great new spot in C d'A”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I watched with interest as the old Chelsea’s bar (later Baruchi’s) was being remolded earlier this year. It looked like the remodel was started by one group and never finished. After a while work started up again and the Satay Bistro sign appeared. The remodel job kept the character of the original building and looks good. What interested me most however was the name. A Tai bistro? I looked them up on the internet and did not find a web site for them but did find a menu on another site.

The prices looked a bit higher than average, but the menu looked interesting. The menu was a nice mix of dishes including satays, appetizers, salads, pasta, meet and seafood. The sauces and seasonings for the various dishes also sounded good and not run of the mill standards.

My wife and I decided to go there last night for a “date night”. We had reservations for 6:30 and had a small table for 2 next to the window. There was a feeling of privacy even though the restaurant was full and rather loud as the tables were not crowded together.

We were seated promptly and the staff was very friendly. During our appetizer, the manager came over and asked how we were enjoying the restaurant, what we ordered, and basically made us feel welcome. The wait staff was efficient, courteous and well trained. Little things mean a lot with a good server, like filling the water glass from the left rather than reaching in front of the customer, which is all too common.

We brought a very nice bottle of wine with us and there was a $15 corkage fee. I think this is very reasonable considering some restaurants I’ve been to charge up to $30. My wife ordered one of their seafood specials, a rich bouillabaisse. The serving looked rather small when it arrived, but it was very rich and filling. My wife loved it. I had their filet. It’s a thick 10 oz. cut and was cooked to a perfect medium rare. The filet was serves with a potato gratin cooked like a layer cake and served in a wedge…fantastic, and so rich. The bread they serve with the meal is amazing. It’s a small loaf covered (drenched may be a better description) in a melted garlic dill butter.

The service was excellent, the food well prepared and presented and the atmosphere combined to make an excellent dining experience. The only thing I thought was a bit out of line price wise was the desert we had. It was their marion berry & key lime cheese torta duet. It was not much more than a couple of bites and if I remember, almost $10.00. everything else was fantastic.

We will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“3 1/2 Stars for Satay”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Have been twice to Satay and have enjoyed both meals. The service, atmosphere and cleanliness is good. There are a variety of wine choices, but wish the pours were a bit more healthy.

My friends brought me for lunch on my birthday. I had a creamy pasta dish with mushrooms. Sauce was velvety and rich. 3 of my friends had Reuben sandwiches. Huge portions. 2 loved it. 1 thought meat was too dry and salty.

The desserts were very good. I had a bread pudding with vanilla sauce. I could have licked the plate.

Of interest, as you walk into the restaurant, there is a plexiglass window in the floor and you can see down inside the wine cellar. There is a tight winding staircase down the stairs to the cellar. The ambiance is beautiful as is the wine bar itself.

We will be back. Good job Rob.

Visited October 2012