“A foodies dream!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Fusion, American, Gluten Free
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: We take comfort food seriously, Extremely seriously, but with some twists. Combining our passion for Extraordinary flavor profiles with our love for the Extreme, MELTZ is the culmination of years of culinary experience. Fusing layers of flavor, our sandwiches go beyond your expectations and what you may imagine. These sandwiches are deliberate in every way to bring you an Extreme combination of textures, flavors, spices and heat. Oh, we still make simple, familiar grilled cheese sandwiches. But if you're looking to Kick Up Your Comfort, we've got something on the menu for you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A foodies dream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Everything I love about eating! A small local dive with unbelievable food! The most creative combination of ingredients in a grilled sandwich you can imagine. The term "grilled cheese" does not do this place justice- it is so much more. You can easily share a full sandwich with two people, they are quite large. Try their homemade potato chips with the dipping sauces too, a great side. Worth the detour off the freeway!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jjcrandall

Tucson
“No disappointment! If you like Extreme, try the Korean Krazy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We shared two halves, so that we could try different flavors - the Rooben Evolooshun and the Korean Krazy. They were nice enough to cut our halves in half. Both were fantastic. We may plan a vacation here again, just so we can eat here! The Korean Krazy is one of their award winning extreme sandwiches. It was packed with flavor. You may need some breath mints later. The Rooben was equally as good. More traditional than the Korean, but one of the best Ruebens that I have ever eaten. I would like to come back for the Cubano. Our friends shared the Briqueso, and they both said if we could order beer, then they would come back for dinner. Very casual place jam packed with people. The crowd thinned out around 2:30. Thanks, Meltz.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank dumblonde622
Omaha, Nebraska
“Awesome! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Loved it! Very good. I'd come back if I lived here! Wish there was one in Omaha ne. Variety of melty cheese sandwich options. Dips are good and the homemade chips are yummy too!

Harlingen, Texas
“Imaginative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

A little off route 95 is a small place worth visiting. We stopped here for lunch after seeing the reviews on TA.
Imagination and lots of trial and error must have gone into their sandwich selection.
I had the 1/2 Cubano sandwich with a bowl of soup. My wife had the 5 cheese sandwich. Both were very good! Both came with fresh house-made potato chips with dipping sauces. While I enjoyed the chips, my wife didn't care for them. She didn't like their seasoning.
All in all, I would return. I really want to try their pot sticker sandwich. But, since we're only in CDA every 3 years or so, it'll be a while.

1 Thank billb1959
“Surly Service, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The location is a bit off putting, not a lot of parking & the interior is crowded. The service was pretty curt and not really friendly or helpful with suggestions. One of the few places I have been to that charges for water. Despite all of this I did experience one of the most unique and flavorful sandwiches of my life, seriously. Its a sandwich I find myself daydreaming about eating again and relive the experience in my minds eye. It was that good. In the end the food was worth the lack of interior comfort and passive-aggressive staff.

• Visited June 2014