“Amazing Grilled Cheese!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Meltz Extreme Grilled Cheese
Ranked #3 of 249 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Fusion, American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We take comfort food seriously, Extremely seriously, but with some twists. Combining our passion for Extraordinary flavor profiles with our love for the Extreme, MELTZ is the culmination of years of culinary experience. Fusing layers of flavor, our sandwiches go beyond your expectations and what you may imagine. These sandwiches are deliberate in every way to bring you an Extreme combination of textures, flavors, spices and heat. Oh, we still make simple, familiar grilled cheese sandwiches. But if you're looking to Kick Up Your Comfort, we've got something on the menu for you!
Post Falls, Idaho
“Amazing Grilled Cheese!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We went here because a friend recommended it to us. I wasn't really sure how you could have a restaurant that had all grilled cheese sandwiches on the menu. I was sceptical about how you could have very many flavors. We were so pleasantly surprised! These guys have come up with some amazing sandwiches! If you have never ate here, I would recommend trying it at least once. The prices seemed a little high to me, but the sandwiches do not disappoint. Great job guys! Keep up the great work!

1 Thank PSinternational

Anacortes, Washington
“All those rave reviews...spot on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Found em right here! Was gonna go to a highly rated sushi place, 40 minute wait w/o reservation, thought this could be a nice change of pace and we were right. Reviews say it all. The place is clean, friendly staff, great ingredients, well prepared make for a nice surprise. Only complaint, seating is crowded.

The Dalles, Oregon
“CHEEZY GOOEY GOODNESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I found Meltz on TripAdvisor and after reviewing the menu I knew that our family would have to visit during our stay in Coeur d'Alene. I downloaded a copy of the menu weeks in advance so that we could review ALL of the different melted cheese variations before our trip. I also shared the menu with a few other families during our stay and convinced them to join us for lunch. I can guarantee that this melted cheese experience is unlike any you've ever had previously. I will caution you to allow your sandwich to cool rather than biting into the gooey goodness right away. One reason is that the melted cheese is very hot, HOWEVER, the main reason is that when it is too hot you can't taste the flavorful fusion of all the different ingredients. I got one-half of the Simpleton and one-half of the Potsticker - and ate only a quarter of each one before I was full. The chips are so-so, but we didn't go there for chips. My recommendation to Meltz is this: If you're going to fry something, offer French-fried Idaho spuds with the skin on - or better yet - offer a baked Idaho spud with all available toppings. I can see this place going great places. But before that, the dining area needs to be expanded and the establishment licensed to also serve beer and wine. I wouldn't hesitate to put a franchise right here in the town that I live. What I'd do for a grilled Meltz sandwich and a cold hand-crafted beer or glass of Chard... I also suggested to the staff that they should consider a check-off sheet for the customer to fill out (similar to a sushi bar) prior to ordering - or a touch screen for the customer to place their own order. Good Luck Meltz!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tri-Cities, Washington
“Fantastic surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We pulled into Coeur d' Alene just before 8:00 PM, and it was dark and raining. We were just looking for some place to order some take out, and head to our hotel. Just by chance we drove by this place called Meltz Extreme Grilled Cheese. We ordered two sandwiches, and talked with a very friendly manager who was a joy to talk with while the chef grilled our sandwiches. They were great!!!! Some of the best we have ever eaten. What a great surprise on a late Saturday night in February. Thank you!

• Visited February 2014
CdA
“Best sandwich in Coeur d Alene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been going here since it opened and am pleased it has only gotten better! Menu changes but the best always stay on the board. A must visit if in town. I live here and eat here often.

• Visited January 2014