“Someone PLEASE franchise this restaurant on wheels!”

Meltz Extreme Grilled Cheese
Ranked #3 of 263 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We take comfort food seriously, Extremely seriously, but with some twists. Combining our passion for Extraordinary flavor profiles with our love for the Extreme, MELTZ is the culmination of years of culinary experience. Fusing layers of flavor, our sandwiches go beyond your expectations and what you may imagine. These sandwiches are deliberate in every way to bring you an Extreme combination of textures, flavors, spices and heat. Oh, we still make simple, familiar grilled cheese sandwiches. But if you're looking to Kick Up Your Comfort, we've got something on the menu for you!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Strolling through the October festival on Greenbluff, two distinct smells were competing for my attention....melted cheese sandwiches, and fresh camel poo. The owners of Meltz laughed at my comment, and then whipped up what is possibly the very best cheese sandwich I have ever eaten. The uncommon combination of huckleberry barbecue sauce with the meat of short ribs and several cheeses, was uncommonly good! My only complaint is that the Coeur d'Alene location is so far from home. Sooooo, someone needs to capitalize on the delicious menu and franchise....please?

1  Thank gourmetfoodgroupie

Reviewed October 6, 2013

While we were in Coeur d'Alene recently, we stopped here for lunch based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. It took them a while to get us our orders, but it was well worth it. We both had the 1/2 sandwich and soup combo and opted for the Tomato Basil Bisque for our soups. For sandwiches, I had the Wingz Twist and my spouse had the Cheeezy Caprese. You could tell instantly that the soup was made from tomatoes and not tomato puree. The consistency was just right with just the right amount of basil. My sandwich was just like snacking on buffalo chicken wings, but not nearly as messy. The place is small so avoid rush hour if you want a table.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Never had a sandwich anything like this. Totally filling, unique, and tasty. Difficult to decide which sandwich to try since the menu consists of so many choices that all sound intriguing. Guess I'll have to return many times to try them all. Today I ordered a whole pot sticker sandwich. It was huge. Unless you are a really big eater probably best to order the half-sandwich. The pot sticker sandwich tasted like a pot sticker. Even comes with a dipping sauce that further adds to the pot sticker taste extravaganza. If your looking for a unique sandwich dining experience, Highly recommend this place off the beaten path.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had a business trip and did some research on places to eat in Coeur d'Alene and was ecstatic when I found this place on Trip Advisor. I had heard of these places and my husband and I really like to experiment with our Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. I ordered the whole sandwich so I could take 1/2 with me for later and it was just as good as when I was dining in. I did not go for the menu items but elected to Build My Own and it was incredible. It was a Saturday lunch time and the place was hopping but it did not take very long to get my order. The homemade potato chips were great and I should have bought some to take home to my husband but, I didn't think that they would make the trip home to Kansas. If I ever get back to the area I will definately be eating here again!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

On a recent trip to CDA we searched out Meltz and were not disappointed. A nice large cheese sandwich (the "Border Patrol") that my wife and I shared. The staff were very helpful in putting a lunch together and the cook even served us. The hand made chips were delicious. We enjoyed reading about local activities on the well appointed notice board.