“It will beat your expectation.”

Meltz Extreme Grilled Cheese
Ranked #3 of 256 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We take comfort food seriously, Extremely seriously, but with some twists. Combining our passion for Extraordinary flavor profiles with our love for the Extreme, MELTZ is the culmination of years of culinary experience. Fusing layers of flavor, our sandwiches go beyond your expectations and what you may imagine. These sandwiches are deliberate in every way to bring you an Extreme combination of textures, flavors, spices and heat. Oh, we still make simple, familiar grilled cheese sandwiches. But if you're looking to Kick Up Your Comfort, we've got something on the menu for you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It will beat your expectation.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Meltz is has a modern and clean decor. The staff is friendly. Its easy to get to. But the sandwiches are, of course, the reason to go. I've had probably 8 of them. The menu is mouth watering. Reading it makes you hungry. The sandwiches are great...and huge. My wife and I can share one and be satisfied. If you think what's the big deal about grilled cheese, I can do that at home. Trust me, no you can't. You could never make a sandwich this good at home. And the chips are excellent too. Some other reviews said it was a bit slow but I don't think so. After all these are made to order. Go there once and you'll go back.

1 Thank deacon68

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favorite place!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Food is delicious, staff friendly "Welcome to Meltz" and always a culinary adventure. Will be back again and again....

1 Thank Brie-chees
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“I want to give them all high scores, but just can't.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My kids and I have ate here 3 times, all at the end of the day. We LOVE the food and choices and there is a gal that works there with a really great personality. The pricing is great, too. However, each time we've gone in the seating area has been dirty which just bugs me. Tables need wiped down, chairs put back into place and the floor needs swept of crunched up chips. We're usually the only customers in there when we go in and I just can't get past the employees not taking two minutes and putting the place back together. It's been like this each time we've gone in.
With that being said, will we be going back? Yes, of course :)

Wa. State
“Absolutely unique”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had heard of this place for quite a while so while in CDA we stopped for a visit. Dechipering the menu took a bit as there are a lot of unusual combinations of sandwiches to choose from. At the owners suggestion we shared a blue cheese concoction (I forget the exact name) and it was wonderful. The flavor was such that you really had to eat it very slowly to savor all of the flavors.

The place is a bit out of the but worth the effort to find,

• Visited January 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Unusual”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love it! Great sandwhiches! Always changing things on the menu w/ new specials. My only complaint, no salad options. Very friendly staff!

• Visited December 2012