“Good but expensive for lunch”
Review of Cafe Rio

Cafe Rio
Ranked #89 of 260 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had the burrito w/BBQ pork done enchilada style (manager's favorite) which came with rice and choice of beans. Portion size was very large. They were $7.95 each. This is a place order/pay/get order cafeteria type place.

2  Thank bullwinkle63

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cafe Rio is one of my favorite places to eat, however this location is a disgrace to the franchise. We stopped in on our way back from Silverwood Theme Park on our way to the freeway. They were out of rice, red beans, mild sauce and barbacoa. It was 30 minutes before they closed, but give me a break- My kids ordered the "kids quesadilla" and they made the adult plates- difference of $5 each; plus had to give them salad as there side. My favorite is the salad. When I started to eat it, the salad leaves were as big as or bigger than the palm of my hand. I had to cut up my salad with beans & runny meat. They were so low on meat that they had to give me 3 different meats with a lot of juice to make it. 3 out of 5 of our meals were soupy because of the juices and lack of meat. They didn't have my favorite salad toppings/chips that a normal Cafe Rio has. After spending $45 we walked away ripped off and VERY disappointed to say the least. We will NEVER go back to this CAFE RIO.

2  Thank Jay H
Reviewed July 4, 2013

You will be full - ample food. Quick service and good (not great) flavor. Can't ask for much more from a fast food eatery. 4.5 stars

1  Thank fdoamerica
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It is always busy but the line moved fast thanks to the quick staff at the counter. I bought the three pork tacos and the tasted great. Good place to go if your really hungry. I will be back

1  Thank Famdaddy
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stumbled upon this while passing through Coeur d'Alene. If you're famiiar with Baja Fresh, it's that format with a few twists. The food was fresh, great lo-cal options which you self-create, and a good meal for travelers. We are full but not full of grease and bread! I like it .

1  Thank Kaardiner