The Roosevelt Inn
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$81
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$163
$139
$142
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$125
$113
Quality Inn & Suites(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$101
QualityInn
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$129
The Coeur d'Alene Resort(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$159
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
$60
Flamingo Motel(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$100
All reviewswarm bread puddingb bbell tower suitebed and breakfasthot tub and saunaelementary schoolorange zestgolden retrieverowners johnturn down service with chocolatesbreakfast was deliciouschristmas treeromantic getawaywafflesgreat hostshomemade cookiesfeel like family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was our first visit to Couer d''Alene and our 4th experience with a B & B. This one rates as one of the top two .

We loved the Roosevelt Inn. I found this quaint little inn while reading a tourism phamphlet about Couerd'Alene and went immediately to Trip Advisor to do my research. As usual, TA was very accurate. We loved that the inn was so close to town, a quick 4 block walk as I remember . . We parked for free out the back and only used the car once in two days.

We were greeted by John and the black lab Pippa and felt welcome right from the start. John oriented us to the inns services and then we enjoyed a suprise treat of bread pudding with carmel sauce - a nice way to start our stay.

We chose the least expensive room on the first floor which was only available the first night but Tina happily moved us to a new room the next day on the third floor. They do have an elevator but we mostly chose to use the stairs. Both rooms were well decorated with bed linens and furniture in keeping with the inns age. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms clean and we had no complaints on noise - in fact if we hadn't met other guests in the dining room in the morning we would have assumed we were the only guests at the inn.

The breakfasts were fresh, hot and tastey, first day a fruit bowl, and apple pancakes with bacon, the next day fried apples with a sweet sauce, and an egg florentine dish along with some fruit, and coffee or tea and several choices of juice.

The rooms do not have tv but we don't go on holidays to watch tv so that was fine too, however there is a communal tv in the lower level if we had wanted it. We didn't use the hot tub or sauna but in cooler weather probably would have.

John and Tina have a wonderful place and do their uttmost to make their guests their first priortity. We were happy though to see them out one night enjoying a concert in a local park.

We would love to come back in the future, however when that will be I do not know as there are so many other places to explore. We have told many friends and family about this place and hope you'll try it out sometime.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WelaineS
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I traveled to Coeur d'Alene for the CDA Triathlon and was looking for convenient accomodations. The Roosevelt Inn proved to be ideal in every way. It is in a quiet neighborhood, just a few blocks from downtown and City Park, where the triathlon is staged, within walking distance of most everything I was looking for. The innkeepers are wonderful hosts and went out of their way to make sure our stay exceeded our expectations. The breakfasts were fantastic, and John even cooked up breakfast for me after my triathlon, even though breakfast time was well past. I took advantage of their spa facilities and treated myself to a massage before and after the triathlon.

Room Tip: We booked a family suite, which was a good value. All the rooms I peeked into looked equally inviting.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Clark P
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was a return visit, happy to report The Roosevelt is better than ever! We brought our little dog and had a super time. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and spa services are available. Hot tub & sauna nestled among big trees. Our room had been updated, with lots of special touches (turn down service, signature linens). We were asked in advance about special diets, great for athletes. Parking's now an issue in Cd'A, so the central location is really convenient. Great fresh-baked cookies every afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janey0430
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The owner of this inn is a former executive of a major hotel chain who went out on his own with the purchase of this property. The professional features I have grown to expect when checking into hotels 150 nights a year are present at this site. With that many nights spent in chain motels, one more night in those places while on vacation was not what I needed, so I was pleased that my 'gamble' on a private inn paid off with a professional innkeeper. My wife and I enjoyed a pleasant walk along the lake and the pleasant atmosphere of this brick-walled building and its green gardens. A jog along the lake the next morning was enchanting. The place is clean, and for once, the photos on the internet match the actual appearance of the rooms. And "yes, dear, you will have your own bathroom and privacy."

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WelcS
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A great B&B. It is large with many rooms, so has a bit of a hotel feel. But the owners are present and very nice, and they pay attention to little details like fresh fruit and a rose upon arrival. Rooms were clean and nice, breakfast was excellent. But best of all is the location, just about a block from the main street with tons of shopping and dining.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple