“Maintenance is a little "iffy"”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Our party of 4 stayed in two rooms from Monday check-in to Friday check-out in Mid-May, 2009. We booked a non-smoking kitchenette & our friends booked a regular(smoking) room. The information I had said that the smoking & non-smoking units were in separate buildings, but this was not the case. We non-smokers were sandwiched between two smoking rooms. Because of the cool spring weather, we were told that the outdoor pool may not be open. Not having a pool was not going to be a problem, but I was really looking forward to the advertised indoor hot tub/spa. Well the pool was open, but very dirty (leaves and debris floating around) and the 'spa' was almost ice cold. There was no way anyone could spend any amount of time in that 'spa'. (And I have never heard of a COLD 'spa' tub). I asked at the front desk about the 'spa' and she said maintenance was fixing it. It was not fixed during our stay - so no pool and no hot tub. The gate to the pool locked automatically and you had to get the desk clerk to come and open it. The sign said the pool might be covered and to just ask the clerk to uncover it. We did ask - she opened the gate - we rolled up the solar cover ourselves.
There is 1 bench, 1 chair, and 1 table in the pool area.
The utensils in the kitchenette are very very sparse; 2 cups, a few plates, 1 cereal bowl, 4 plastic glasses and some silverware. The can opener was broken. We had to ask for a coffee maker and finally got one after a second request later in the day. The fridge was on its last legs - it appeared that someone had forced the freezer door because it was out of alignment. We advised the staff that we did not require daily room service (trying to do our bit to be 'green'). We did request room service on Wednesday, but all they did was pull up the covers on the bed and empty the garbage.
The exterior is very spartan - no where to sit, only a bit of grass between the car parking and the units.
They do provide a continental breakfast in the lobby consisting of hard boiled eggs, coffee or hot chocolate, bagels, biscuits & gravy. You do have to take the food back to your room, as there is no facility to eat in the lobby.
The room was quite inexpensive, so I guess you get what you pay for.
I would not stay there again unless it was only for overnight, as the motel is more designed for sleeping only. No incentives to hang around the motel, that is for sure.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MotherTrucker041
SilverLakeMotel, Management at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2009

Thank you for your feedback and comments on your stay with us. We apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. However, we have been making some changes around here to ensure the qualities and comforts for our future guests.
First of all, we would like to advertise that we have expanded our continental breakfast and moved it from our lobby to a breakfast bar room. We recently renovated one of our guest rooms to be a public space for guests to enjoy breakfast, including tables and chairs to sit and eat. We have added cereal and milk to the biscuits and gravy, bagels, assorted muffins, hard boiled eggs, etc. for our breakfast line-up.
Second, we would like to clarify that our motel does have two buildings – ‘poolside’ and ‘bayside’. Our poolside building does have both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Our bayside building is completely non-smoking. If you do have a preference between the two, please just let us know when you make the reservation. We can’t always guarantee availability of one or the other, but we make every effort to book the best room for you.
We, like any motel/hotel, have maintenance issues arise from time to time. I believe this guest’s stay was over a period when we had to replace parts in our hot tub. We do apologize for them not being able to use the facilities. But our pool and hot tub have been cleaned regularly and been fully functioning over this summer; our hot tub is covered and remains available over winter months as well. We have hired on some new maintenance and housekeeping staff that are dedicated to making our establishment the best it can be and your stay as comfortable as possible

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed December 8, 2008

I came across this motel the same way i came across this site, accidentally. I am grateful for both. The place I had stayed before had an event and was booked. The location of this motel was central to where I wanted to be, so i gave it a try. That was a year ago and i have stayed there when in town, ever since.(3 times, the most recent in Aug.08) I Love it there. Great breakfast, great service,clean, comfortable, easy access, and so accomodating! They go above and beyond to make my stay perfect. They continuously succeed.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I attended a group meeting here yesterday and our meeting planners had arranged for us to have sleeping rooms at a very reasonable rate. Unfortunately, the staff answering the phone when I called to make my reservation had no idea what I was talking about with regard to the special rate. I eventually found the person who had arranged the meeting room and she was completely clueless - nice enough, but clueless. It should not take 25 minutes to book a sleeping room, but it did. She then called me back a few days before my arrival very confused about my reservation - it seems that because I had told her that I was attending the meeting on Saturday and wanted the special rate, she had reserved the meeting room for me on Friday night. There is a difference between a meeting room and a sleeping room. The day of our arrival, one person in our group had an emergency and I needed to cancel one of the three rooms. The person who answered the phone was awful, snotty, rude.. asked me if I was aware of their 24 hour cancellation policy - I was not because no one had told me when I booked the rooms. I tried to provide the confirmation number and she snapped at me asking if I was calling the right hotel and indicating that their confirmation numbers are not that length. Overall, everyone who worked at this hotel, with the exception of the person who checked us out was just angry and rude.
The rooms are older - drapes that do not close - actual metal keys and the parking is immediately outside your room door, which creates more noise than I care for. It was evident that an effort had been made to clean the room but the envelope left in the room begging for a tip was downright tacky.
I will not stay here again - there are many other options in the area that employ competent, pleasant people.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2008

The room was a nice size and clean, and the place isn't bad for an overnight stay. If you are staying longer than that though, go somewhere else.

The staff, although reasonably friendly, seemed indifferent about problems, and didn't keep up on the little things that make a longer stay more pleasant.

The continental breakfast is pretty meager, often out of items, and you have to take everything back to your room. If you happen to be on the other side of the street from the lobby, it can be a bit of a walk back to your room.

The pool was pea green when we stayed there. They started working to clean it, but it was unusable during our stay.

The hotel also still uses actual keys (not key cards), and there is a $50 charge if a key is lost.

The beds and the pillows are very very firm.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Me and my family stayed here and went to Silverwood Theme Park. We had a wonderful stay. Rooms are spacious and clean. The motel had great amenities including a nice outdoor lounge.
The price was not high and staff was courteous and prompt. Would definately recommend to any and all!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Well, what can you say about finding pubic hairs among the dirt on the bathroom floor? The floor of the tub was blackened from feet, the curtain was dark gray on the bottom and the chrome in the bath and sink didn't look to be polished ever. (The carpeting was very dirty too.) This was the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed in. I suppose this is what I get for grabbing the first motel I saw coming South on 95 into Coeur d'Alene. When I went to look for a place to eat I saw several other places to stay just a few more minutes down the highway that I now wish I had looked into first.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theroadtripper
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I booked a double queen room for myself and my two children. The rates were very good, and when you go as part of a Silverwood Theme Park package, I was pleased at the low rates. This was easy to find, and there were several places nearby to eat (within walking distance). The staff was friendly. My only complaint was that the floor in our room was dirty and had some sticky spots. Otherwise, not bad for the price.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family