“Very Basic”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Nelson, Canada
“Very Basic”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was mislead into thinking there was coffee making facilities in the rooms on the website. After an afternoon's drive down from Canada I just wanted to make a coffee and although I had a kitchen suite (with nothing in the cupboards) there was no coffee/tea making. They did offer coffee in reception but as I was annexed across the road so it was inconvenient, especially first thing in the morning.

However... the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is a bit far from the city centre but I was booking at last minute and most places were full.

Room Tip: A bit isolated, no coffee facilities but clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
sanpoint
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This was the worst Hotel I have ever been to. We stayed one night only because they refused to let us leave by refunding our money. The Jacuzzi Suite looked like something out of a bad horror movie. There was stains all over carpet, the jacuzzi had greasy white film all over, there was a punch whole in the back of the door in batroom, the pressed board counter the coffee pot was on was rotten and warped, we could smell the smoke from room next door, and it was unsafe with only one lock for door. The front desk manager was a very rude lady who gave us one lie after another . Only upon becoming angry did she refund the second nights stay even though we gave over 24 hour notice. I will never stay here ever again and will tell everyone I know of my horiffic experience. The Silver Lake Motel is horrific!!!! Do Not Stay Here Ever.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank reneeSandpoint

Travelers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

sandpoint
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Trust me!!! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I stay at a lot of hotelss each year. The room was disgusting and when we went back to cancel our 2 night stay, they were argumentive and proceeded to tell us it's not their fault we didn't like the room. I could give a longer report but I just get too digusted. Seriously, if you've ever seen the movie vacancy, this is the place to stay if you want to be freaked out the entire night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank devonw7
Pullman, WA
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Look, it's not anything great, but it gets the job done. The place was clean, quiet, and not too far from downtown CDA. Don't get your hopes up, but it will be a decent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We got a discount from hotelcoupons.com for $59 per night for a room with two double beds. Great value. Nice staff and clean rooms and pool area. Walking distance to supermarkets and restaurants. Great hotel for one night as a stop over on our way to Seattle.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
kegs605
Reviewed August 6, 2009

when i called and made the reservations and then arrived at the site, the girl at the front desk failed to tell me that we would be staying across the street away from the pool. I have two teenage girls with me and i told her it would be inappropriate for them to be going across the street alone to swim.. she could not get us a room closer. also the beds were uncomfortable and not enough pillows, the water was to hot and the fridge froze our milk , the light burnt out in the bathroom.. she charged my credit card for 3 nights , when i told her when i checked in on friday that i would be checking out on sunday to go some where else due to the pool conflict with the teenage girls.. she refunded the card, but i dont appreciate a bussiness credit a card until you check out.. she tried to tell me that she charged a 100.00 extra for a non smoking room., in case you smoked in your room.. would not recomend this place..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank kegs605
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Our party of 4 stayed in two rooms from Monday check-in to Friday check-out in Mid-May, 2009. We booked a non-smoking kitchenette & our friends booked a regular(smoking) room. The information I had said that the smoking & non-smoking units were in separate buildings, but this was not the case. We non-smokers were sandwiched between two smoking rooms. Because of the cool spring weather, we were told that the outdoor pool may not be open. Not having a pool was not going to be a problem, but I was really looking forward to the advertised indoor hot tub/spa. Well the pool was open, but very dirty (leaves and debris floating around) and the 'spa' was almost ice cold. There was no way anyone could spend any amount of time in that 'spa'. (And I have never heard of a COLD 'spa' tub). I asked at the front desk about the 'spa' and she said maintenance was fixing it. It was not fixed during our stay - so no pool and no hot tub. The gate to the pool locked automatically and you had to get the desk clerk to come and open it. The sign said the pool might be covered and to just ask the clerk to uncover it. We did ask - she opened the gate - we rolled up the solar cover ourselves.
There is 1 bench, 1 chair, and 1 table in the pool area.
The utensils in the kitchenette are very very sparse; 2 cups, a few plates, 1 cereal bowl, 4 plastic glasses and some silverware. The can opener was broken. We had to ask for a coffee maker and finally got one after a second request later in the day. The fridge was on its last legs - it appeared that someone had forced the freezer door because it was out of alignment. We advised the staff that we did not require daily room service (trying to do our bit to be 'green'). We did request room service on Wednesday, but all they did was pull up the covers on the bed and empty the garbage.
The exterior is very spartan - no where to sit, only a bit of grass between the car parking and the units.
They do provide a continental breakfast in the lobby consisting of hard boiled eggs, coffee or hot chocolate, bagels, biscuits & gravy. You do have to take the food back to your room, as there is no facility to eat in the lobby.
The room was quite inexpensive, so I guess you get what you pay for.
I would not stay there again unless it was only for overnight, as the motel is more designed for sleeping only. No incentives to hang around the motel, that is for sure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MotherTrucker041
SilverLakeMotel, Management at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Thank you for your feedback and comments on your stay with us. We apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. However, we have been making some changes around here to ensure the qualities and comforts for our future guests.
First of all, we would like to advertise that we have expanded our continental breakfast and moved it from our lobby to a breakfast bar room. We recently renovated one of our guest rooms to be a public space for guests to enjoy breakfast, including tables and chairs to sit and eat. We have added cereal and milk to the biscuits and gravy, bagels, assorted muffins, hard boiled eggs, etc. for our breakfast line-up.
Second, we would like to clarify that our motel does have two buildings – ‘poolside’ and ‘bayside’. Our poolside building does have both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Our bayside building is completely non-smoking. If you do have a preference between the two, please just let us know when you make the reservation. We can’t always guarantee availability of one or the other, but we make every effort to book the best room for you.
We, like any motel/hotel, have maintenance issues arise from time to time. I believe this guest’s stay was over a period when we had to replace parts in our hot tub. We do apologize for them not being able to use the facilities. But our pool and hot tub have been cleaned regularly and been fully functioning over this summer; our hot tub is covered and remains available over winter months as well. We have hired on some new maintenance and housekeeping staff that are dedicated to making our establishment the best it can be and your stay as comfortable as possible