“Best Motel/Hotel I have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coeur d'Alene
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Best Motel/Hotel I have ever stayed in!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place is the best, I have stayed in tons of hotels and this one is my favorite. I will definately stay here again. Very nicely maintained and decorated. Very clean, probably the cleanest i have stayed in. The bed was so comfortable we both slept all night. We felt so comfortable here it was just like home. The towels were so nice and real coffee mugs!!! The people here are great! And so is the kitty I found outside. We were able to park right in front of our door. Quiet and just a block from everything. I want to stay another night!!

Room Tip: we stayed in 'Gone Fishing' it had two very comfotable rocker recliners in front of TV.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'd read the other reviews of the Flamingo Motel in CDA and decided to book two rooms for one night. I far exceeded my expectations! The owners are great folks and the rooms are probably the cleanest and neatest anywhere. The motel's location is one block away from everything in downtown CDA. It was a very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: If you can, book the "Flamingo Beach" room! Or the "Americana".
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Anaconda, Montana
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Found The Flamingo on accident, will never stay anywhere else while in CDA!!!! Cleanest rooms I've ever seen with the staff personal and friendly. Just like staying at my mom's house, everything was just perfect all the way down to real coffee cups in the rooms and bath towels better than mine. Thank you for a clean bed and bathroom. Thank you so much from Montana!!

Room Tip: No tips necessary, all of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robin w
Bend, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Being a person who was chemically injured 20 years ago, I have avoided motels because of the myriad of chemicals, fragrances, laundry detergents, etc. that can trigger multi-system, especially neurologic symptoms. The Flamingo Motel in Coeur d'Alene was my first stay in all of these years and it was phenomenal! I had asked up front that windows be opened prior to be arriving, just to air out the room between cleanings. The owners and staff greeted me upon my arrival, knowledgeable about my situation. This showed wonderful communication and attention to my special needs. They cleaned with non-toxic, environmentally safe products, which hardly needed airing at all. The room was quaint and lovely. Each room has a theme, and I'd love to travel often enough to see them all. However, even it's a while before I make it to CDA again, this trip was so much easier because I had a safe-to-me place to stay. The motel is indeed spotless inside and out and I encourage anyone to stay, esp. us Baby Boomers who might even more readily appreciate the decor. Thanks to the owners, and other staff who made this such a pleasurable experience. I will pass the word along. Your hard work and kindnesses deserve it.

Melissa C. from Bend, OR

Room Tip: I think that they'd all be lovely. I stayed, I believe, in the English Garden room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Melissa C
Carnation, Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had so much fun in Coeur d'Alene, and staying at the Flamingo Motel was part of it. We loved the decor of the rooms (we stayed in two different ones). The hotel was immaculate inside and out. Everything is exceptionally maintained. You can see and feel the pride of ownership. The location is fantastic. Just a minute or two walk to restaurants and shops. This is really helpful since all the parking in town is a 2 hour limit, if you can find parking. Parking at the Flamingo Motel is right your door. We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: There is a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and king bed in front room and queen bed in bac...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shearsfam
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have nothing but positive to say about this motel, it is superb. The decorating is so nicely done with a different theme for each room. It is immaculate with all upgraded furnishings. I felt like I was staying at my favorite Aunt and Uncles cottage and they had spent a lot of time preparing for me! The owners are friendly and very accommodating and you can tell they put a lot of effort into doing this right. I love the drive up to your door ease of travel, especially when it is done as nicely as this. If you are afraid of the "old fashioned" type of motel don't be. The internet access was great, coffee in the room was the best I've had in 7 nights of travel, and the bed was "heavenly". The location is a plus, walk to dining and shopping. If your lucky enough to get a room here, take it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Salem, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had searched the internet for other motels in Coeur D'Alene but all the reviews were horrible. I came across this one and am glad I did! When I made the reservations I mentioned we were travelling for our 25th anniversary and upon our arrival found a dozen roses waiting in our room for us. It was such a sweet gesture! We stayed in the Flamingo room which was quite spacious and well decorated. It is centrally located and within easy walking distance (which we did a lot) of all the main attractions. The owners were a great source of information for great places to eat and fun things to do. I wouldn't even hesitate to stay here again. A great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple