“Clean stay for price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Steptoe, Washington
“Clean stay for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We found this motel to be clean, we chose the modern rooms and I would recommend these rooms. The staff could have been much friendlier. Definitely got the impression they did not want to be there. Overall, if we needed a place to sleep on a budget, this place works.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

not sure about all the other reviews but for the lowest price $79 in town and it was great for the price. clean room great bath and wash. big tv. perfect for simple stay.

lady at front was real friendly and fast even though she was busy

we would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times now for a week each time, and I have always been pleased with Motel 6's (despite the no amentities, no bathtub or coffee maker etc.). This time however I was disappointed. Internet costs are $2.99 or $4.99 per device - yes, PER device, for a 24 hour period, and crapped out every 30 seconds. This takes your $80 night room to a $100 night room very quickly with the family gadgets, and the wifi doesn't even work properly! Secondly, with an extended stay, the bedding is not changed or even the beds made neatly during the day. I questioned weather cleaners had been in but noticed new towels and the gar ages were emptied each day. The staff are all very nice and friendly, but sadly, this was likely our last stay at Motel 6 Coeir D'Alene.

Room Tip: Stay a the Super 8 next door instead
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank travelingwithtot
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Alright, check in sucked.

After driving eight hours to get here, the last thing you want is slow and inadequate staff. They took forever to check us in (three other people came and went while we waited) and had terribly unprofessional and unfriendly demeanor's the entire time. The manager is the worst. Her tag said she's been here since 2006 but was so rude and condensing I am shocked by that.

The room is nice. Small and with very little isolation so there's is a lot of outside noise. However, before you go you should no THERE'S ARE NO EXTRAS. Everything you know to expect from a hotel, don't expect it here. Two pillows only, no kettle, no coffee maker, no shampoo or conditioner, no lotion, no blow drier, two towels for your whole stay, only two plastic cups for you, no mini fridge. There's not even a dresser. There's a bed, ONE night stand, a small table, a TV stand and TV, and the bathroom. Oh, and of course a bible.

No hair drier, but there's a bible.

Please read this and take heed! If you stay here (we booked last minute on Iron Man weekend so we didn't have much of a choice, but if we did we'd be some where else), BRING EVERY THING FROM HOME BECAUSE THEY WON'T HAVE ANYTHING HERE!

3 Thank MeggyA
Coaldale, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Tiny room for over $200.00 for two adults! Smoky, no amenities beyond soap, noisy ( it was overlooking I-90). Management was absent at check-in; that was done by cleaning staff! I wish we had gone anywhere else. We travel a lot, and this was the worst night in many a year! Shame on the chain ... This is bad!--it makes me rethink using any other Motel 6 in future travels.

1 Thank Bob W
San Antonio, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We travel a lot with my husband around the part of U.S A. and we been to many different hotel and motel, but mostly we stayed in motel 6 and almost been to different location, and we been a lot of experience in some motel, some is good and some is bad, but this is the my very worst and bad luck experience that happen on this motel 6 in couer de alene idaho, so I just want to share my experience to all the people, or customers whose planning to stay on this motel 6 in cour de alene idaho, pls be "aware or be carefull if u stay on this motel, coz this motel is not really safe.me and my husband dissappointed on this motel, we stay this motel 6 on june 12, 2014 and we check out on the 13th, and I forget or left my 2 ring on the counter sink on that room we stay, and that ring is very important to me coz that is my wedding ring, my husband call on that motel and talk to the manager of that motel and say that I left my wedding ring on that motel or room we stay, and the manager say that they will call back my husband if they find my ring, but they never call it back, so I try to call again on that hotel and talk to the manager but she say they never find my ring and yet, and she say they never do anything about that and she tell that I will talk to the higher staff there so I talk to the higher staff and she say also that they cant do anything about it snd tell me that I should report to the police if I want.but I never do that coz I know that even I report to the police they cant do anything too.so I just wasting my time.so the staff of that motel they are not honest and u cant trust some of the staff there.so be carefull if u stay on thst motel, coz if u forget something there dont expect that they will return it back to you.im not recomend anybody to stay on this hotel coz that motel is not a good place to stay is not safe, dissgusting, the staff there and manager are very rude.the smell of the room is not good, very we wont stay there again coz that motel is very bad luck for me I lost my wedding ring there, and I will never forget that place.dont ever dt
Y

1 Thank Evelinda S
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed at many Motel 6 hotels so felt very safe about booking at this one. Boy was I wrong! We packed everything up and dragged our suitcases around with us during the day. I felt safer having them in the back of the truck than I did leaving them in the hotel room. The area is not high crime, we stayed at another hotel just down the street the next time we went over and felt perfectly safe. My family has stayed at the Super8 across the street and felt safe there as well. It is something about that hotel.

Negatives: The room we stayed in was a non-smoking room. It had ashtrays all over the place and reeked of smoke. Even with a sign on the door saying it was non-smoking.
The flooring is really cheap linoleum that I hated to walk on with bare feet. I am sure it was clean, but it just had that gross cheap feeling. The "office chair" was very uncomfortable. Forget using the internet if you have a VPN connection or want to do anything that takes more than 8 minutes to do. It kept going down every 6-8 minutes and we would have to relog on. It would be frustrating if it was free, but having to pay for it and have it be that unreliable is not good at all. We called the tech support line and they were not a lot of help.

There is construction going on right next to the hotel, you don't realize that when you come in at night but you sure do when you get woken up bright and early to them working.

Positives: The evening staff is great She tried to be as helpful as possible, was really friendly and really was good at doing her job. The room was clean other than the horrid smoke odor. The fridge and microwave work well and the towel storage area by the sink is actually a really cute setup that I am thinking about stealing when we remodel the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family