“What a surprise!”

Motel 6 Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our room was recently remodeled, with faux bamboo floors, clean modular furniture and a flat screen tv. Cheery paint and no crappy hotel art. No frills, that's for sure, but totally adequate for the price. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: We scored a room on the inner courtyard, around the pool, which was probably much quieter than the o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 6, 2013

For $76.85 it was a very small room with NO coffee, no Kleenex, no microwave, no frig, no table, no blow dryer, no shampoo or conditioner, no iron. The hot water ran out mid-shower. They charge for the WIFI. For two adults and two children we got 2 towels and one washcloth and they were sandpaper rough. The shower head is so low you have to stoop over. NOT WORTH HALF WHAT WE PAID. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!

Room Tip: I guess you could choose a room near the only microwave if you need to use it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank luvbugs2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I was forced off the road for four days with a sick transmission. At this Motel 6 I found great people, and a location convienient to everything I wanted and could walk to.
When my truck was ready, Richard (the day desk manager) took me to pick it up and refused to take any $$ for doing it.
This Motel 6 is definitely on my "stay" list!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am a big fan of Motel 6 but this place is a waste of money. I paid $56 for a one night stay. There was no fridge and no microwave. There isn't even carpet in the room and the floor was so dirty when I went to wipe up some water I spilled it turned the rag black. For ten dollars more you can find places w/ fridge, microwave, plus breakfast. And you can hear everything, people upstairs, cars in the driveway, even the person walking in their room next door. Don't waste your time or money. It is such a shame because I usually love motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Caitlin G
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Motel 6 should spend less on advertising & more on housekeepers. They certainly shouldn't leave the light on. It's scary enough with the light off. I would not stay there again. I really don't mind a small room, but it haS to be clean!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Doesn't look that great from the road and we had a hell of a time finding the driveway, however, the inside of the rooms are fantastic! They are very contemporary with hardwood floors, updated bathroom/vanity area and clean & comfy beds. The single orange painted wall and orange runners on the beds were a perfect touch. The only complaints we had is that we were there for 2 nights (3days) and the housekeepers never even stepped into the room as far as we could tell. Nothing was restocked, ever. There is also no iron, mini fridge, hair dryer or even shampoo/conditioner. Luckily we didn't need all of those things and we brought our own shampoo/conditioner so it was okay...but pretty sparse in the amenities area.
Overall very clean, comfortable room and a very convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

It may not look like a gleaming destination from the road, but this Motel 6 was clean, comfortable and very inexpensive. The rooms are nicely redone and we were very comfortable to spend the night there. We were with a three year old and a cat and were just catching some sleep before we continued on. Check in was prompt and they allowed us to check in early. The only criticism I have is the bathroom was in need of some repair, but for such a decent price we were willing to over look bathroom's aesthetic short-falls.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back of the motel on the first floor. It's quiet and easy to come and go
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family