“Not bad for the price”

Motel 6 Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not bad for the price. Only a few other hotels had vacancies on Labor day weekend and all prices were jacked up close to 200. per night. Motel six was very reasonable. Nice outdoor pool. Cute remodeled rooms. Bring your own amenities cause all you get is a tiny bar of soap. And your own beach towel. no pool towels. But none of that was a problem for us. Just FYI

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank gaicha

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a pet-friendly motel and at least in my room, you couldn't even tell. This motel was recently remodeled and the interior had a 70's feel with one orange wall and faux wood-grain linoleum.

The bed was comfy, the bathroom spotless and I felt safe. The outdoor pet areas were clean and there was always someone in the pool.

There are a couple of restaurants, a buffet and a gas station in walking distance and this is a really safe area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave E
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was dissappointed with the motel...upon arrival the woman at the front desk was just plain rude...she was barking orders to one of the other staff. yes... the rooms were clean and sitting by the pool was great....one of the thing that upset me was the fact you had to pay for internet and no blow dryer in the rooms...i guess you get what you pay for...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandi F
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here last year and plan to stay again this summer. It was fair value for cost, but we loved the atmosphere at the pool each evening with lots of kids swimming. We liked it, easy to find and get to, and everything was clean

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank travelingwithtot
Reviewed June 27, 2012

In general, I've had very good luck with Motel 6 rooms. While some are terrible, for the most part, they tend to be clean and a good value. But this one was downright cozy and quaint. It had no carpeting, which already adds to the cleanliness factor, Ikea type furniture, freshly-painted walls in friendly colors, European type shower... It was more like a vacation rental than a Motel 6. Great find!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bklynmusher
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My experience here was horrible even considering we were only using this motel as a crash pad!! We arrived very late on a friday night with our 3 children for a weekend trip to Silverwood. We knew not to have high expectations considering this was the cheapest motel we could find, and we really didn't care too much since we only planned on sleeping there. However, unfortunately we didn't get any sleep because not only is the freeway extremely loud which is right next to the motel, but we had drunk loud people walking by our room all night long and kept all of us awake. The room itself wasn't too bad, had been recently remodeled. But we were stuck in a ground unit right next to the pool and parking lot and had to be the noisiest area of the whole place. Saturday night was the worse. We figured surely we wouldn't have two nights in a row of loud drunks wandering by, but sure enough we did, and way worse!!! A large crowd of drunk kids showed up after the bars closed and decided to hang out right in front of our window which is right by the bed because the rooms are so small. We actually got up and told them to be quiet we have sleeping children and it didn't make any difference. They kept us up untill 4 am. And the front just told us it was a full house so they couldn't move us. I will never stay here again. The front desk staff seem like they were hired off the street or something as well. I left a pair of earrings on the night stand and have called three times and everytime the people keep telling me they'll check and still have never called me back! Please save your $ and stay somewhere more worth your dollar. This place is a joke.....unless your in an all night partying kind of mood.

Room Tip: None of them are good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank millergirl78
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had a reservation for June 1, which I made online, for a senior discount. When I arrived, the woman didn't give me the discount. So, she had to redo the charge. But before she did, it became apparent that she charged me for someone else's room and also internet to that room! She grabbed the receipt from me, and held it behind her back so I couldn't examine it further, as if she were a child. Finally she succumbed and showed it to me again and sure enough, she'd charged me for someone else's room. I understand people make mistakes, but her unprofessional behavior of ripping the receipt from my hand, then hiding it behind her back was inexcusable and insulting to boot. Ultimately, as she continued to make mistakes in the charges, I got charged for the price of three nights! Then, she and the manager there could not give me a receipt saying the word "refund," (I decided to cancel the whole thing due to their ineptness and unprofessionalism). I finally left in frustration with my son, after driving for 5 hours there and being exhausted, and so I had to go find another hotel (I went to Motel 6 Spokane) and our experience there was fine. I was so disappointed by the employees at the Coeur d'Alene Motel 6 as my former experiences (with different employees) was fine previously. I have to say my experience trying to check in was of near-nightmare proportions. I am still not sure I was refunded, and am working with my credit card company to file a complaint if I don't receive it by tomorrow. Really, what happened was inexcusable and they should have offered me a free night for the headache, expense of driving there, the cancellation, the wrong charges, and the time it cost me while they continued to make mistakes even when I cancelled it on the spot. I will not make a reservation here again if the same employees work there, and if I do not get a very prompt refund of all the erroneous charges of over $200 for a one-night, senior, 2 bed room that I cancelled! It shook me up and ruined our night as we had to find somewhere else to stay although it was evening. shame on your Motel 6 Coeur d'Alene.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family