“Terrible Service”

The Grille from Ipanema
Ranked #102 of 260 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a great atmosphere, you’ll have a one of a kind experience that will be unforgettable! Enjoy the best authentic Brazilian cuisine in all of Idaho. Having a variety of tropical fruits and signature salads, made fresh daily, and our delicious hot side dishes, including our traditional black beans and rice, are a source of comfort foods that is just the beginning of your Brazilian experience.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Don't waste your time or money. While there is the occasional selection of good food, it just isn't worth the hassle. Service is slow, you practically have to beg for a refill of even water, and the meat is often served lukewarm (the grilled pineapple was served cold several times). Prices are subject to the mood of the management. Don't trust offers, coupons, or even a gift card. Assume the price will go up. They are the type to suck money from the consumer wherever possible to make up for a half-decent product and zero service.

2  Thank KolbyC
There are newer reviews for The Grille from Ipanema

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This restaurant was bad on so many levels I'm not sure where to start....let me preface by saying we have eaten at Brazilian Steakhouses in Puerto Vallarta, Chicago and New Orleans so we were not clueless first-timers. We stopped in after the Resort Lighting Featival and it should have been a tip off that they were probably the only restaurant in the area with seating available. To start with, the hostesses didn't seem to know if they were foot or horseback but we finally got seated and were quickly introduced to the all you can eat salad bar. For the decor and quality I could have been at Old Country Buffet....food prepared for the masses with no taste, quality or presentation....luckily the watermelon wasn't too bad.

The meat.....oh my. First, the wait staff is obviously trained to dole out pieces the size of a quarter. Nobody expected someone to plop down a filet mignon on our plate, but more than a bites worth would have been good since we were paying almost $22/person. That would be, I guess, if you WANTED two bites worth.....the quality of the meats were absolutely terrible and not even edible. The meats were full of fat and gristle and the ones that actually looked like meat were so dry you could almost choke. With the exception of course when they were completely uncooked and blood actually ran down the server's knife and he said, "Oh! You probably don't want to eat this!". And that was the story with the chicken and pork....when we cut in to those they were still completely uncooked in the middle. When we told the server she said to let them know and they would accommodate cooking temperature. We said it's a little hard to do when they plop it on your plate and walk off before you cut into it. Then they are long gone and when you eventually see them again they are carrying around another sword with something else.

We had a plate HEAPING with meat we couldn't eat due to it being raw or impossible to chew and asked for the manager. Two guys came over, one was almost smirking, we showed him the meats, told him of the problems and his response was to ask, "Well, how did you like the salad bar?". Seriously? Their only parting comment was, "Okay, thank you.". And they never came back to our table. In the name of grossness I won't post the photo I took of the meat plate, but trust me, what we were saying couldn't be denied. After we paid our $100 tab we stopped for food on the way home as we were all still hungry. A terrible ending to an otherwise great night.

I am very involved in my local community and I will make certain everyone I know knows not to go there.....I don't know how they are still open. Terrible food and terrible service.

3  Thank Demogirl66
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Although this isn't a retaurant for vegetarians (at all), The Grille From Ipanema offers plentiful, delightfully tasty food. We had been anxiously anticipating a chance to eat at The Grille and were so happy with the restaurant when we finally went. We took advantage of a BOGO offer, and took a party of 8 to eat lunch. Although the restaurant was busy for midweek lunch, there wasn't a wait, and they seated our party quickly. Once the food started coming, it was a great experience. When you purchase the Churrasco lunch, you can go through a buffet line with tons of food choices, while the Churrasco meats are served on skewers right at your table. Once every few minutes, one of the wait staff will come around with a variety of meat, and you can decide to have them carve some off onto your plate, or take a break to catch up. They usually offer at least a half dozen meats at lunch. Get the Brazilian Lemondade! It is delicious and part of the experience. Lunch is normally $12.99 for the full Charrasco experience for adults, $5 less for kids. Like their page on Facebook, and you'll get alerts on the specials they run, usually buy one, get one deals. The value for your dollar is incredible. The Grille is one of our family favorites now, and I recommend it highly! How can you say no to garlic steak?

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our son recommended we try this Brazilian grille in Coeur d'Alene, after a couple visits on his own. We made reservations for a weeknight, which we thought unnecessary when we arrived at 6pm and found the place virtually deserted. We ordered their 'full' Churrasco experience, and were nearly immediately inundated with more meat than we could possibly eat. Great variety of beef, chicken, pork, and sausage, cooked many different ways and with different seasonings and coatings. And the grilled pineapple! Perfect! (I'm leaving out the excellent salad bar--which could've easily sufficed for dinner all by itself). Fabulous food, but serving staff was a bit indifferent. Waitress was quite pleasant though. Also, the booth seating is very tight (and I'm not exactly overweight or oversized).

Reviewed November 15, 2012

in the middle, and you'll not be disappointed.

While I've been to some really incredible churrascaria restaurants in large cities, and this isn't nearly the same, it's still a great meal for the price.

Much more relaxed (and a lot smaller) than the big-time versions, but you'll get just as stuffed, although the quality isn't quite there.

Still, it's Coeur d'Alene, and not Baltimore, so I'm thankful it's here at all, and it's likely not the right area for the fancier places anyway.

Having set the expectations, the salad bar is very good, and the meats are as well. We really loved the barbecued beef, pork with brown sugar, and the spicy pork was great (and really spicy). Nice, relaxed atmosphere, too.

Give it a try, and it's MUST if you can still find a Groupon!