“Go Hungry. Seriously”

The Grille from Ipanema
Ranked #116 of 263 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a great atmosphere, you’ll have a one of a kind experience that will be unforgettable! Enjoy the best authentic Brazilian cuisine in all of Idaho. Having a variety of tropical fruits and signature salads, made fresh daily, and our delicious hot side dishes, including our traditional black beans and rice, are a source of comfort foods that is just the beginning of your Brazilian experience.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our son recommended we try this Brazilian grille in Coeur d'Alene, after a couple visits on his own. We made reservations for a weeknight, which we thought unnecessary when we arrived at 6pm and found the place virtually deserted. We ordered their 'full' Churrasco experience, and were nearly immediately inundated with more meat than we could possibly eat. Great variety of beef, chicken, pork, and sausage, cooked many different ways and with different seasonings and coatings. And the grilled pineapple! Perfect! (I'm leaving out the excellent salad bar--which could've easily sufficed for dinner all by itself). Fabulous food, but serving staff was a bit indifferent. Waitress was quite pleasant though. Also, the booth seating is very tight (and I'm not exactly overweight or oversized).

Reviewed November 15, 2012

in the middle, and you'll not be disappointed.

While I've been to some really incredible churrascaria restaurants in large cities, and this isn't nearly the same, it's still a great meal for the price.

Much more relaxed (and a lot smaller) than the big-time versions, but you'll get just as stuffed, although the quality isn't quite there.

Still, it's Coeur d'Alene, and not Baltimore, so I'm thankful it's here at all, and it's likely not the right area for the fancier places anyway.

Having set the expectations, the salad bar is very good, and the meats are as well. We really loved the barbecued beef, pork with brown sugar, and the spicy pork was great (and really spicy). Nice, relaxed atmosphere, too.

Give it a try, and it's MUST if you can still find a Groupon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I always rate restaurants on whether I could do a better job at home and my answer for the Grille from Ipanema is no. We found the service excellent and the meats tasty and plentiful. The servers bring around skewers of beef, pork and chicken prepared in many different ways. They even brought out a skewer of pineapple cooked with a cinnamon sauce. Very Good! I would recommend the Grille from Ipanema to all my friends.

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I really felt the food was mediocre. Some of the meats were tough. The one thing this restaurant has going for it is really good service! However, I won't be going back.

1  Thank Marsyrae
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were excited to get to this restaurant as it's different than most in the area. The location was great and the setting beautiful. BUT....many problems going on here. The service was quite poor. It could be that many of the servers/etc were new because school started, but confusion reigned supreme. The meats were not brought around at all until we finally asked "Hey! Where's the beef?" The salad bar had empty offerings that stayed empty our whole time there ~ no meatballs for us I guess and the hot food was cold. And the Mango Fish was so overcooked/dry/hard it was inedible. Because there was a large selection of foods at the salad bar, I guess empty trays are acceptable? I thought it odd. However, the grilled meats were FABULOUS once the kids started bringing them. In closing, it was ok and we had a good time and got a kick out of the servers, but if you have ever been to a real Brazilian restaurant then you'd probably be disappointed. If we were talking about Mexican food here...The Grille From Ipanema would be Taco Bell food wise. Just sayin....

1  Thank Liz M