“Mex-Tex and More”

Azteca Southwest Grill
Ranked #110 of 249 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cocolalla, Idaho
“Mex-Tex and More”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Extensive menu and a fun atmosphere. The food is good and hot (can be spicy-hot, too. if you like) Generous portions. Good service.

Visited November 2012

Pullman, Washington
“huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant gives you huge portions. I have enjoyed my food both times we have been there. Great food.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jo B
Pacific NW
“Always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We always have a great experience here, and the food is very good, with huge servings!! I highly recommend the veggie fajitas. Delicious, but so is everything we have tried. Kids meals are large, as well, and they are very willing to accommodate food allergies if you talk to them about it.

“Upscale mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I travel all over the northwest and ate here because conveniently was located right next to my hotel. When you walk in the decor is very modern and open. Not like your typical Mexican restaurant decor. I was greeted by the very pretty and nice hostess as I made my way to the bar. The food was very unique and the bartender recommended the shrimp tacos which were awesome! I definitely give this place 5 stars! And will be back on my next trip!

Woodland Park, Colorado
“Flavorful and Friendly with Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I happen to me 1/2 mexican so I am a big fan of "authentic" mexican food. I know Azteca is more "tex-mex" but still their quality is just average. I had tortilla soup and it WAS flavorful, I ate it all...but it was basically a grilled chicken breast that was sliced into strips and placed into chicken broth with cumin powder. There were a couple tortilla chips in it and not enough grated cheese. Again...it WAS tasty, just not as good as it could have been. My husband had a combination platter with an enchilada and a chile relleno. He enjoyed it but has had better. We both really liked their house Cabernet glass of wine and they pour a nice size glass. They were all friendly and the hostess asked questions about our travels, etc. We appreciated that. One suggestion I have for them....move all the restaurant equipment from the side wall that can be seen from the front tables. You have beautiful art work on the wall behind it all which means it's supposed to be clear of "stuff". Your restaurant would look so much nicer and cleaner if you hid what should not be seen by your customers. We sat in the first booth on the left and my view was this side wall. Not the best view. We would not choose this restaurant if we were prepared to drive elsewhere...but it is tasty and fine if you're staying at the hotel across the street and want something you can walk to, quick and easy.

Visited December 2012