“Upscale mexican food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I travel all over the northwest and ate here because conveniently was located right next to my hotel. When you walk in the decor is very modern and open. Not like your typical Mexican restaurant decor. I was greeted by the very pretty and nice hostess as I made my way to the bar. The food was very unique and the bartender recommended the shrimp tacos which were awesome! I definitely give this place 5 stars! And will be back on my next trip!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I happen to me 1/2 mexican so I am a big fan of "authentic" mexican food. I know Azteca is more "tex-mex" but still their quality is just average. I had tortilla soup and it WAS flavorful, I ate it all...but it was basically a grilled chicken breast that was sliced into strips and placed into chicken broth with cumin powder. There were a couple tortilla chips in it and not enough grated cheese. Again...it WAS tasty, just not as good as it could have been. My husband had a combination platter with an enchilada and a chile relleno. He enjoyed it but has had better. We both really liked their house Cabernet glass of wine and they pour a nice size glass. They were all friendly and the hostess asked questions about our travels, etc. We appreciated that. One suggestion I have for them....move all the restaurant equipment from the side wall that can be seen from the front tables. You have beautiful art work on the wall behind it all which means it's supposed to be clear of "stuff". Your restaurant would look so much nicer and cleaner if you hid what should not be seen by your customers. We sat in the first booth on the left and my view was this side wall. Not the best view. We would not choose this restaurant if we were prepared to drive elsewhere...but it is tasty and fine if you're staying at the hotel across the street and want something you can walk to, quick and easy.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My girlfriends and I went to this restaurant after a long day of shopping. Our server was very busy but helpful when he was able to make it to our table. The food was ho hum..lots of it, but not very flavourful. We were seated beside a table of moms and young daughters, about 8 kids. They were running all over the restaurant, laying on the floor, doing gymnastics, laughing, yelling, bumping into our table. The crazy part was that a manager was running around with them and doing handstands etc. we thought he was drunk. Not a great experience, especially since we were out without our kids and hoped people would ask there old enough to know better kids to sit down. My 5, 3, and 1 year old would have looked like saints.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised that such a really good Mexican food restaurant was available so close to our hotel, the Hampton Inn. The 6 page menu presented most of our favorite menu items. I ordered the steak burrito and found the quality and taste excellent and the quantity was more than I could eat at the sitting. My wife had the taquitos and those too were well presented and tasty. I found the value excellent and can see why the restaurant was nearly full on a weekday night in the off season fall. Our bill for both dishes and a couple of draft beers was only $29. 45. We thought it equivalent to the better Mexican restaurants we have visited in our travels.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great food and service and within easy walking distance of the Hampton Inn. If your in the mood to see a movie there is one right next door.