“Hit or Miss”
Review of Ugly Fish Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Ugly Fish Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It's a new restaurant in the new Riverstone development of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We've eaten here many many times. The food has never disappointed but the "energy" is hit or miss. Hard to describe but last couple of times something was lacking. We use to eat there almost weekly. The menu changed last year and we've only been back 3 times. Really miss the Bento Box for dinner. On a "good" night it's GREAT!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great sushi & oriental cuisine in an area loaded with marginal places to eat. Very pleasant surprise. My wife who doesn't care for sushi, was very happy with other choices on the menu & loved her entree.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I enjoyed watching sushi made to order in this hip restaurant. The food was exceptional. The only complaint I had was that the place was closed on Mondays.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Tried the General Tso's to go while staying across the street at the Hampton Inn. Food was very good, large portions. Spring rolls are small but you get 4 to an order.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was looking forward to a nice dinner with friends. I ordered the Tangerine Beef. It was , deep fat fried dough globs. After opening several WE couldn't find a bit of beefr in any of it. It was NOT what I was expecting. Orange slices decorated around the dark dough pile in the center. We were a party of nine and six took tastes and agree with me. When the girl came back I told her how bad it was. I should have been allowed another selection but I wasn't going to pay for two orders. The Bento boxes looks good and another friend had Sea Bass, stating the pasta was too salty . Another women sitting next to me said the salmon was dry and did not eat her dinner either. The waitress said it is prepared that way...and it was "bouncy" . We all agreed that the best Asian restaurant in CDA is PHO Thangs the Vietnamese restaurant on 4th and Hwy 90. Try the chilie chicken and the spring rolls with peanut sauce and skip the Ugly Fish....its ugly.