“Terrible”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Huntington Beach, California
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

Run down hotel - I give it a 1 Star!! Our room smelled, even tho we had a non-smoking room. The breakfast was not very pleasing to the eye! I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed at the La Quinta on our first night on this trip. Had we known better, we would have picked a Comfort Inn (see our other reviews).

Although the La Quinta was in a good location, convenient to shopping & restaurants, and didn't appear on the outside to be dirty; the room told a different story. It didn't look as if they had vacuumed completely, as there were pieces of debris on the floor. The worst part was the overwhelming smell of mildew in the bathroom. Upon further investigation, we determined it came from the underside of the bath mat (it was half black with mildew). EEEWWWW!!!! We mentioned it to the front desk and the girl said "we'll get that out of there. You can only scrub those so many times". BUT she never made a note to make sure that this happened. It probably didn't! So if you stay in room 218, check the bottom of the mat!

As another reviewer mentioned, the walls are a bit thin. You can hear a lot of what goes on next door.

The one glimmer of sunshine through the clouds of despair at the La Quinta is...the COOKIES! At 7pm they serve fresh baked, warm cookies. And they are YUMMY!!!!!

Also, just a quick mention, eat at Tito Macaroni's. They give you a FULL glass of wine when you order the table wine and it's only $4.50/glass. The food is very good also. We had one of the specials (chicken & cheese ravioli) with a sun dried tomato cream sauce and it was delicious! The staff was extremely friendly and would ask where you were from or traveling to. They made you feel very welcomed. Tito's is just a short drive to the west on Sherman Ave from La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank b&bgreatadventurers2
ID
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

This place is a dump, I negotiated a good rate for a weeks stay and didn't leave for that reason only the room they gave me stunk for two days, like a dirty and smelly person had previously occupied the room. The continental breakfast is sub-par and the tables were always dirty. You can hear everything your neighbor does, literally. Drive to Spokane if you really need a room in peak or off peak times. Trust me

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank 1234569Id

Travelers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Ripon, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

Room was clean but bedspread was well worn and hard to tell if it was really clean or not. Had to have housekeeping come and replace a towel we noticed was dirty when we arrived. Noticed mold around upper edge of spa while sitting in it....not nice. Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable. Room was rather crowded. Ventilation was not good and once waffle iron started getting used for breakfast the smell went through the whole facility. We stayed two nights and paid $69.00 a night for room with one King bed. I'd say we got what we paid for.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlmondBlossomCapital
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

I was very suprised at how nice our stay was here. I was a little skeptical after all the reviews I had read about this place. We were only able to stay for one night so I booked the jacuzzi suite and it was alright. If you can get by with out it I would recommend doing that.

The jacuzzi was nice but it was not the deep style I was expecting. The placement of the jucuzzi is a little awkward I thought. It sits in the corner of the hallway wall and the common wall. When you get in it is only about normal bath tub depth. Still ok, didn't stop me from using it. Heck I was paying for it. I was just expecting something I had before in larger chain hotels.

The room itself was very roomy, suite #225. The tv worked fine. The suite has a microwave, small fridge. and coffee maker. Also has a usable sink in this prep area. The A/C worked fine. The bathroom and shower area were around the corner and behind the wall in the suite. I like this feature for abvious reasons. The dressing area also comes with double sinks.

The continental breakfeast was good. All the basics held me over well into the day.

Over all the stay was wonderful. I do see where the other reviewers had problems. Do not get a room downstairs. Make sure when you make a reservation to ask for the Street level or lobby level and above. There are rooms here that are below grade or basement style that I can see presenting a problem with a moisture odor or sunlight issues. I would recommend not staying in one of those rooms.

This La quinta Inn is also only about a 5 minute drive from downtown Coeur d' Alene and all of the waterfront attractions. I hope this helps make your plans better when trying to find a place to stay in the CdA' area

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Davizworld
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2008

As expected with La Quinta, the room was very clean and barebones. We had a room on the first floor (read... basement) that was somewhere between dismal and gloomy for its lack of light and ventilation. At $180 we expected something a bit nicer. Basically, this was a $90 hotel room priced at a premium.

• Stayed August 2008
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

Pros:
Lovely hotel. The beds were real comfy. The rooms were clean. Very quiet. The Indoor pool was great. So was the Continental breakfast.

Cons:
The front desk staff could have been friendlier and more helpful. Hotel computer was down for several hours when I went to check in. Also, DO NOT MAKE RESERVATION ONLINE THROUGH HOTEL WEBSITE!!!! My reservation was screwed up and I was only able to stay 1 night instead of 3, Make reservations through their 800 number to be safe.

I would definately recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

• Liked — Comfy Beds, Great Pool
  • Disliked — Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)