I would give this hotel an average rating was it not for the security issue we experienced.
We were on the road when we booked this hotel, and I did not realize there were 2 La Quinta locations in Coeur D'Alene (my fault). We had stayed at the other location and were quite happy the last time we were through, and I just assumed we would be satisfied... but not so much.
The rooms were clean and the King bed is huge and comfortable (as all La Quinta's we have stayed at). The hotel is dated, but that has never been an issue for us, as long as it is safe and clean.
The arrival and booking was satisfactory, and we moved our car over to the east doors to be closer to move our luggage.
We were a bit bothered by the group of people loitering around outside the doors smoking and watching us as we figured out what to take in... but we carried on. I inserted my key to open the side door, and noticed at that time the door was unlocked to everyone. I assumed at that time, there would be an auto-locking system that would kick in when the evening arrived. We took EVERYTHING up to our room, as we were not REALLY comfortable with the folks hanging out watching what we had in our trunk/car.
OLDER guests please NOTE: our room on the top floor (a bit of a climb with no elevator) but not really an issue for us.
Had a great sleep and we were heading down for the "Bright Side Breakfast" when we opened the hallway door at the top of the stairs to find a transient person sleeping, only feet from our room door... I was so startled I let out a gasp, but then headed down to the front desk to report what we found. My husband said I hope he is ONLY sleeping... (that had not occurred to me).
Staff acted quickly and minutes later we saw him walking across the parking lot. The person at front desk came over and told us he had left.
Now, to be fair, I did do a survey sent to me by the hotel, and they did call and email me to say they have adjusted their procedures to hopefully prevent this issue from happening again. THANK YOU for that. But I still feel obligated to give the heads up to future guests. Check that side door and make sure it gets locked at night... we were lucky it was just a young man sleeping we encountered... this could have been much worse.
We travel lots and use La Quinta's often (La Quinta Reward card holder). We worry little about the decor or even if staff are rude... the bottom line is ARE WE SAFE, and in a clean room.
This is the first review I have written here... but I thought the heads up should be given.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off exit 15 on I-90 we are the only hotel conveniently off the freeway without the noise. Baymont Inn & Suites of Couer D'Alene is just the place for you if you are a traveling businessman or woman to call your office, for you and your family to come and stay at the lake, or if you just need a place to lay your head to rest. Stay with us and enjoy your free continental breakfast and access to our 24 hour pool and spa. Come to one of the most beautiful places in America to experience Couer D'Alene at it's best as we are within walking distance to the lake, downtown shops, festivals and events, and the Couer' D'Alene strip. Stay with us and enjoy your home away from home. How can we help you? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Coeur D'alene La Quinta
- Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene Idaho