“La Quinta disappointment”

Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We have usually had positive experiences with La Quinta hotels and I seek them out wherever I go because they are dog friendly and the price is right. I'd have to say that this time was the exception to the rule. This was our third night on a long distance travel so we were tired and thought being in Coeur D'Alene would be kind of a reward. However, although the inn looks good it isn't in a very nice part of town. We walked down the street a bit and got a little uncomfortable with the neighborbood (the Bates Motel is just a few doors down!). The room we had was below ground level which wasn't very appealing and our view was pretty poor but we were too tired to change.

Room Tip: I would think rooms above ground would be more appealing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coco06
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I apologize that you did not like our lower level rooms. Please contact me directly for your next booking and let me know you prefer upper or main floor and I will make sure that happens. Have a great day, hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Mukilteo, Washington, USA
Reviewed May 19, 2012

It was a very pleasant place to stay. The staff was welcoming, the room was spacious and immaculate. King size bed was very comfortable. Towels were thick and absorbent. It was a quiet location and I did not hear other doors slamming, which was a rare treat from most hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your kind words I am happy to hear you enjoyed my Laquinta! We look forward to having you again!

A TripAdvisor Member
Butte, Montana, USA
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The exercise room was a joke. Two pieces of equipment stuck in a small room. The outside doors never closed to lock for security. The rooms need updating. It was not what we expected for $125.00 a night. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

I am sorry that our hotel did not satisfy your needs. Could you please contact me directly to address what was not to your liking. I am in 7-3 five days a week and can be reached at 208-667-6777. Thank you for your time.

A La Quinta traveler
Mobile, Alabama, USA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our recent trip to Coeur d Alene. We rented room 220 which was a huge room with a hot tub in it. The room was great. It was very clean, and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The only bad thing about the room was that the walls are very thin and you could hear people in another room running there hot tub and banging on the walls. Since we liked our room, we did not let it bother us. This motel is in a great location with easy driving to downtown Coeur d Alene. We will always stay at this motel when we visit Coeur d Alene in the future. The fact that they allow pets also makes it more convenient since we do have two dogs that we enjoy taking with us on trips.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SAPPHIREDRAGON39
lq0446gm, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! We here at La Quinta value your business and look forward to having you again!

Karen Laramie

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I admit, I am a hotel snob. I get to stay at great places with my work all the time. I had gotten this reservation via priceline and when I saw some of the reviews, I was quite anxious about the trip. What a waste of energy, we had a fantastic experience!

The staff members were fantastic, the place was very clean and smelled great. The breakfasts were great.

We got a very good rate but if we go back as a family, I will pay their full rate (which is still extremely reasonable) and book directly with them because I know I am going to have a great and affordable stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jephiner22
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you had a fantastic stay and look forward to having you again!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nearly spotless room, COMFY bed, quiet, all things work like they should, no smells, decor nice and everything looks brand new, fast & easy check-in, and the trees around the hotel make it just beautiful. Would definitely recommend this hotel (and I'm picky)!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, which was very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ZippityDooDah1966
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review. I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We here at La Quinta value your business and look forward to having you again!