All reviews shopko parking lot shari's restaurant waffles hour pool nice hotel open hours hot tub would stay here again great place to stay hot items breakfast room silverwood theme park convenient location would highly recommend this hotel comfortable beds rooms are large nice stay
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Stayed here numerous times in the past, hotel is still very nice and maintained well. The location is good for the city although first timers will find the entrance through Shopko parking lot as strange. Since our last stay two years ago I've noticed that wifi is not as strong. We were on 4th floor and had constant issues with being disconnected. Not sure why, but it's an issue that should be dealt with.

The breakfast is fully adequate, menu changed each of the 4 days we were there for the two hot items. Was never busy in there, had the sense the hotel was far from full as it was mid week stay. They also don't provide the USA Today paper any longer which was disappointing.

The rooms are large, beds are super comfortable and everything is very clean. The only omission in the room is a safe. A hotel of this price and quality should have a safe in the room. Lastly, the price is now on the high end at $200.00 including tax. That was the Monday to Thursday rate and I believe weekends are more. Getting close to being to much for a chain hotel of this calibre. Still a great place to stay but some small improvements could help to get it back to 5 star rating.

Room Tip: 4th floor is best
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2016

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Management response:Responded August 1, 2016

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

This place saved our bacon. We were staying in North Ponderay in a hotel that was pretty gross.

I saw the reviews for LaQuinta and called them to see if we could switch to their hotel mid-morning, way before check-in time. I requested a 2 queen suite with a kitchen and was told to come on over any time and our room would be waiting for us.

We packed up, headed over and everything was great. Cleanliness was awesome, room was spacious, breakfast was great (although I did witness the breakfast lady being quite rude to another guest when he shook the waffle batter to get it flowing) and most of all, our trip was saved from the squalor of that other hotel (which is also reviewed on my Yelp account).

Thank you LaQuinta, we will look you up next time we go to Silverwood and Triple Play.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Great for pets, had two GSPs with. Quiet. Water pressure was great. A little tricky driving to . Trust me when I tell you to navigate there through the Shopko parking lot. Easy access to downtown and the freeway. Hotel breakfast and layout was great!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2016

We are glad you and your pets enjoyed the accommodations! Thanks for your review!

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Nice enough place but for money they should at least have reliable wifi. Staff shouldn't think excuse that place is full is adequate for a multiple return guest. And saying that "my tablet is working" is really not adequate. Since when does paid staff get to hog a guest amenity that a paying guest is asking for? And why can't they have 24 hour service on something that should be pretty easy to restart? This is a utility that most feel is as important as any other.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank vinoturistico
Management response:Responded July 13, 2016

I am very sorry. We had a licensing issue with some equipment. Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that you had a bad experience with our wifi while you were here. I assure you that we want to have this functionality for all our guest.