“Phenomenal excursion in Idaho!!”
Review of Greenbriar Inn

Greenbriar Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We arrived late for check in.
When I say late I mean that the kitchen was closed, but that did not stop te bartender from going above and beyond the call of duty. He had the chef offer us a few options of appetizers that he was willing to make late night style while he showed us our room. The artichoke dip was amazing!! The room was so romantic and beyond beautiful. The bartender was a mixologist, who makes his own bitters. When a bartender can impress two bartenders with his knowledge of spirits there's something magical about being humbled. The hot tub on a cold night filled with stars was incredible. Breakfast was excellent. Pastries left in the kitchen of a beautiful common room, so it was at your discretion to help yourself. The Green Briar Inn is nothing short of magical. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've lived here for years and was perusing internet out of desparation for something new when I found this place. Never heard of it before! Husband and I fell in on a tired Friday night for dinner and we were so very very pleased. The place is cute, The live music was nice and not overbearing, The drink menu was fun and creative - even Mr. Meat and Potatoes tried something different and then had another! We had a great time gobbling our way down the Tapas menu - never even got to the dinner menu which looks good too. Our server was on the spot without hanging over our shoulders and had some good recommendations AND we got out without breaking the bank. My new favorite place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

First off I need to say that The Greenbriar Inn has played a huge part in pretty much every big event/gathering I've been to in CDA. Weddings, Bridal Showers and various parties have all taken place at this beautiful home. Being from Coeur d'Alene and then moving away makes me appreciate the old time charm hugely! My sister organized my (low-key) bachelorette cooking/tapas class at the inn. The two instructors were so funny and most important informative. I cannot say enough good things about the class! We were able to taste, sip wine and chat all while learning delicious recipes for sauces & tapas. My bridesmaids and I had a rip roaring (4 bottles of wine/champagne worth) time & would recommend that anyone in need of a different kind of party throw a cooking class themed one. Our class started a little late but, we were perfectly fine nibbling cheese & crackers while they got our materials ready. A few of us were staying at the inn for the night and the boys wrapped up our eats and placed them all nicely labeled in the upstairs fridge! Let's just say they were very welcomed later that night after drinks. EVERYONE SHOULD BOOK A COOKING PARTY! (word to the wise: Confirm, confirm, confirm the times of class & call the day of.) Other than that this place is wonderful! Good Job :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The antique furniture was really neat. I loved that they had a common room to eat your breakfast and have a cup of coffee. As far as B & B's go they don't pamper you the next morning with great food and service. You go into the common room grab your breakfast out of the fridge, make your own coffee. The food was good and it was quiet.

1  Thank Arthur S
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed in the Greenbriar Inn on a brief trip to Coeur d'Alene. The room was small which you might expect in a bed and breakfast. The bath was extremely small, but really the best part of the room. The mattress must have been left over from the 1950s and very uncomfortable. The biggest disappointment was the Inn has what others have said is a wonderful restaurant, so I expected a great breakfast. No so. When we checked in they showed us the frig and said 'here is your breakfast for tomorrow'. Nice bowl of fresh berries, but a small cold muffin and a slice of pound cake from Sam's. No coffee or milk. There was small boxes of cereal for the taking. Very strange for an Inn and strange for a 'gourmet' restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose your room carefully.
2  Thank pljict
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The cook was super fast making the best omelette And crab Benedict we have ever tasted! Our waitress was so kind and definitely kept up on our drink refills. We over-stuffed ourselves and it was worth it! Great experience and I will most definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank 1210Tex
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My significant other and I enjoyed lovely evening at the Greenbriar Inn Restaurant where we had Tapas, which are similar to an appetizer with a whole list of different foods to try. The homemade meatballs in a bath of huckleberry barbecue sauce was delicious and went well with the glass of wine that joined us for dinner.

1  Thank Lizz N