“Creative menu, inventive drinks, excellent service”

315 Martinis and Tapas Dinner Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 260 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd and 4th Streets
Description: The "315" is located within the 1908 Historic Greenbriar Inn in downtown Coeur d'Alene, only four blocks from the Lake. We feature a martini bar, wine bar, international food with "small plate" or tapas available during all restaurant hours, as well as a full dinner menu. Outdoor seating and patio/garden seating available. Two fireplaces inside. Catering also available.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We like Tapas and were happy to find good reviews for 315 and were eager to give it a try. It did not disappoint. We chose an table on the deck as the evening temperature was pleasant, but as we passed through the dining room we noted that this charming old home had been very nicely decorated and designed for a restaurant. The drink menu was fun to read as each drink had a snappy, clever title and unique ingredient lists. The attentive waiter was more than happy to help us decide; We tried the Genevieve's lemonade, Tuscan pear, a spicy strawberry daiquiri and a chocolate mousse martini for desert. For salads we had the 315 house and the Tuscan---both were excellent and large in portion, but know that the Tuscan is quite spicy (I was warned -- so no complaint here). For tapas, we enjoyed Papas Arrugadas, the potato cakes, the 315 Empanadas and the Gougère Pot Pie. With the exception of the empanadas, which were average, the rest were very very tasty. We ordered all this thinking that tapas are usually small. we couldn't finish most of these because the servings are very generous to be called Tapas. So we would advise you finish one plate before ordering another as you won't leave here hungry. We hope to go back and try some more stuff on the menu---much of which looks great. Service was exceptional. Highly recommended,

2  Thank Cascadefirechief

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I went here on Sunday Sept. 9. The reviews seemed mostly positive so we wanted to check it out. When we first walked in I was struck by the beautiful decor and warm ambience. Absolutely gorgeous. The place was empty except for another 3 or 4 tables. No matter we thought...we get our server all to ourselves! (there were 2 servers on). We waited a while to get our order going but by the time our drinks arrived I was willing to forget. Awesome cocktails! As the night moved on however our server seemed to disappear....I couldn't figure out what was keeping him so busy when there was no one in the restaurant. Our glasses sat empty....the food stopped coming. When new drinks finally arrived the empty glasses were left on the table. Again, this would all have been mostly forgiven if the place was busy but it was dead. We would have stayed longer but the guy seemed more interested in chatting up the table in the other server's section so we left. On a scale of 1 to 10: food: 8, drinks: 9, service: 5. I hope the rest of you are made to feel like a valued customer more so than we did. We were friendly and commented on how great the food and drinks were so not sure why we were ignored for most of the evening.

To the owners:
It is possible that many of your great reviews come from locals and regulars who have made friends with your staff. However as an owner I would heed some of the advice on the tripadvisor boards that mention the service (or lack thereof). The saving part of the evening was when the other server jumped in and provided us some needed directions and seemed to actually give a damn (while ours was still busy chatting with the other table....).

2  Thank Jendolyn K
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My sisters and I are vacationing in Coeur d'Alene to celebrate our mother's 70th birthday, and visited this restaurant on our first night in town. We couldn't have been more pleased with what we discovered...the food is amazing! We ordered several tapas plates to share, and every one was mouth wateringly delicious. The entrees that followed were equally delightful...fresh ingredients and splendidly seasoned. The french onion soup is perhaps the best I've ever tasted! All served in a lovely atmostsphere too. We were so happy with everything we ordered, we invited the chef to our table, so we could personally praise his talents. I would return to this restaurant again and again...yummmmm!!!

2  Thank Lapsaroundtheglobe
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We liked this place so much, that we ate here 2 nights in a row! The food was great as was the service.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went for our 28th anniversary at the recommendation of a friend. I'm so glad we tried it. I had the salmon with asparagus. I had to take pictures of the food. It was impressive to look at ! The food was prepared in a very healthy way and still delicious ! My husband and I have shared this gem of a restaurant with many of our friends since dining there. The tapas were interesting, new dishes to us for the most part. Very relaxing atmostphere with live quiet music. I think about eating there all time ! I can't wait for my next visit !