“GREAT YUMMY sandwich!”

Best Sandwich Shack
Ranked #22 of 251 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
Description: East Coast Style Street Sandwiches specializing in Philly CheeseSteaks and Sausages.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“GREAT YUMMY sandwich!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have heard so much about this little yellow "shack" (more of a trailer) hidden away on Best Avenue, and decided to take my 7 year old daughter and myself there for dinner the other night. I ordered their famous Philly Cheese and she had their Kids Grilled Cheese, and let me tell you, it was THE BEST Philly Cheese sandwich I have ever had. Entirely too good.... I ate half almost right away with the intentions of saving the other half for lunch the next day, but ended up eating the rest about 2 hours later. My daughter said that the Grilled Cheese was the best she had ever had, also (I asked her why, and she said she loved the bread :) ). And, of course, we each got a yummy brownie to boot.

Not only was the sandwich great, but the owner chatted with me for a bit, and he seemed like a really great down to earth guy, which I highly appriciated.

We will be back for sure to try something else on their menu (that is, if I can force myself to choose something else for the sake of trying variety!).

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Stacie J

Princeton, Idaho
“Best Mexican food PERIOD!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Found this place through trip advisor and thought we would give it a try as we were in a hurry and didn't want a sit down restaurant. We were blown away at how GOOD and fresh the FOOD is! My wife and I thought the chicken burrito with everything on it was the best. One warning is to bring cash they don't accept credit cards.

• Visited June 2013
Kip_philly_guy, Owner at Best Sandwich Shack, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi friend although I do agree they are amazing chicken burritos ( I eat them several days a week ) we don't sell them, Taco Werks the stand next to us does. We are the yellow Philly cheese steak stand. I think they are number 6 or 7 on trip advisor right now and would love this review Omar who ownes it's a great guy. But next time your in the area get a couple tacos from them and a Philly cheese steak from us and I'm sure you will be equally impressed. See you soon friend.
“Awesome sandwich”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great sandwiches that are served hot and fresh. The buns are like homemade and the meat portions are more than generous. The people are friendly and fun. For what you get, the prices are very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this food truck to friends.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jmmaurer219
Rathdrum, Idaho, United States
“Freaking awesome sausage peppers and onion sandwich”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I looked high and low for a good Sausage pepper and onion sandwich like I used to get back east until I stumbled upon Best Ave.Sandwich shack.I couldn't ask for any better. Not only do they're. Sausage sandwiches rock they have a line up that will keep me as a loyal customer for years to come.I highly recommend stopping by for a bite and a bit These guys are like family.Rock on Sandwich shack

• Visited December 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“New fav lunch place”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

BEST Chicken sandwich I have EVER had! Great price for amazing food and really fast service. Owner took our order, he was very nice and brought the order out to us at the table.

• Visited May 2013