“Stay Away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Jimmy's Down the Street
Ranked #17 of 249 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hayden, Idaho
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stopped on the way back to our home and were very disappointed. Ordered 2 eggs, hash browns, biscuit w/gravy and chicken fried steak.

The chicken fry looked great, but was deep fries and the breading comprised 2/3 of the steak. The meat itself was like apiece of chipped beef in thickness.

Eggs and hash browns weer average.

Biscuit was good. Country gravy served on the side was average.

Don't really know what made Guy Fieri stop here....

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank illiac999

“Don't miss the best breakfast invtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Best food, great atmosphere, very fair prices. Don't keep it a secret, best place in town for breakfast.

2 Thank cactuslily56
Kalispell, Montana
“Best kept secret in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Best diner food I ever had. The rolls and biscuits are HUGE. But if you want one of their world famous cinnamon rolls get there early, cuz they sell out super fast. Do yourself a favor and get the chicken fried steak scramble.... Ooooooo! To die for!!!!!!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Pecan Sticky Bun was the star of the show!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We just came home from having Sunday breakfast at Jimmy's. It was family friendly, with loads of kids at nearly every table, but happily none of them were screaming. Our server was personable and kept the coffee coming. I had "the special" - a scramble with steak, peppers and cheese. I liked it. The hash browns were okay, but on the plain side, so I saved room by not eating them. I went for a pancake as my side dish. It was huge - filled a dinner plate - and it was thick and fluffy with a good homey flavor. My husband had the Jimmy Special and he ate it down to the last few potatoes before calling it quits. By not eating my hash-browns, I was able to coax myself to eat half of an awesomely gooey pecan sticky bun. We got one to share, which was a good move since it was the size of a child's catcher's mitt. I've decided that next time I'm going to just order a sticky bun and coffee. Like they say, you only live once, eat dessert first.

• Visited November 2012
Airdrie, Canada
“so disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had originally went to Jimmy's about a year and a half ago, after seeing it on Diners DriveIns and Dives. That time we only had the Southern Pecan Roll and it was great. Now we were anxious to go again when we were in town. We stopped for lunch. Service was great and very friendly. I ordered french toast and got lots of it. Unfortunately there was nothing french and nothing toast about it. It was just warm bread. It barely touched the french toast dip and was barely cooked. Then we took home both a pecan roll and cinnamon bun. Really disappointed when I couldn't tell the difference between these and my french toast. They were just huge pieces of bread, but one had some pecans. Unfortunately I won't be going back.

• Visited November 2012