“Hot breakfast and plenty of it” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jimmy's Down the Street
Ranked #17 of 249 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Hot breakfast and plenty of it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Jimmy's has been on tv. Lots of eggs, biscuits are big and good. Clean and owner is always there saying hello. Good food and good people. Nothing gourmet about this place. The small individual apple pies are worth going back for. If your in Coeur D Alene Idaho you might want to try it.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, nothing fancy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Usually ate breakfast there on vacation. Lots of food and darn good. Nothing fancy. Make their own apple pie and it is great. I'm going back next year.

• Visited September 2012
Surrey
“Would go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stopped by this place because of DDD. I am not a fan of white gravy or biscuits, but thought, lets go out of my comfort zone. The biscuits were so good and the gravy I could eat. The food was good old home cooking and the waitress was very attentive. Would definitely go back again!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“A review of Jimmy's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

So normally I love all of Guy Fetti's pick restaurants. Jamie and I tried this diner on our recent 11th year anniversary trip to the area. It started off as all the others, a line out front to get into the place, that's a great sign! Shortly thereafter we were seated and ready to dig in. The owner/hostess gentleman was very nice and we were seated and ready to go. Our waitress was super friendly and charming. Oh Boy Here We Go! Can't Wait! From there though things slipped into mediocrity. The service dropped off a bit but that's OK because the food is gonna be outta this world, but then it came and not so much. Jamie ordered the Jimmy's skillet and I got the Chicken Fried Steak skillet ( the one that Guy had ). OK first rule of hot food, its gotta be hot!? It was luke warm. Hey I know I am not Guy, but Jimmy Gimmie some hot food please! The chicken fried steak tasted like it was prepared the night before and rewarmed. The meals also came with biscuits and gravy. Jamie is a "B-n-G Aficionado" and she ranked the effort as average. So on this day the food was just average. I would like to give them another try later and see how they do. Jamie and I are very forgiving and we are very fond of Mr. Fetti's opinion.

Thank You!
Kind Regards.

• Visited August 2012
Calgary
“Pecan Roll to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Loved this place! I am now a chicken fried steak convert! So great. The white gravy was killer too and I don't usually like the stuff. The pecan roll was unreal...delish. HUGE too! The breakfast potatoes are better than the hashbrowns (and I usually love shredded hashbrowns). The service is great and the owner takes the time to talk to you / check in and see how your meal is. I would never consider going to Coeur d'Alene and NOT going here. Who wouldn't rather patronize a small business instead of a chain? Especially when the food is better and the service so personalized!

Visited August 2012