“If you don't leave here stuffed, it's your own fault!”

Jimmy's Down the Street
Ranked #15 of 261 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I split a pecan roll and a chicken fried steak skillet and still took most of it home. Everything was deeeeeeelicious and the service was fast and very friendly. Even the owner was around talking to the customers. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank rky_mtn_biker

Reviewed July 9, 2012

LOVED the pecan rolls, service was good. I had the Frisco Burger and it was good. Overall, good experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

After seeing this on DDD we had to go. It took 30 min just to order! It took 30 min to get a pecan roll and almost an hour to get the rest of the breakfast, the food was decent, not great but the service is the worst I have ever seen. Big thumbs down.

2  Thank KellIe0414
Reviewed July 3, 2012

To be fair we ate there a week ago and it was good. Today it was chaos. Waited for 90 minutes and no food. Finally we gave up and left. I talked to our waitress several times and was promised that our food would be right up. We finally had to leave with no sign of breakfast. I am done with the place no matter how many time Guy the food guru eats there.

4  Thank G Lewis C
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stumbled into Jimmy's by accident on a trip from Kalispell, MT to Seattle, WA. I have always wanted to visit Coeur d'Alene, but we planned to stop for lunch in Spokane. My "Mojo" was really working that day and I demaded that my husband pull off the Interstate early and into Coeur d'Alene. The GPS told us there were lots of quick lunch spots on Sherman Ave. When we approached Jimmy's, I knew that this was THE PLACE. Parking was easy but lots of locals were there already at 11:30 am. Didn't look like much inside or out, but the food was to die for! Just home cooking with big flavor and a little flair. I am from the south, and I think Jimmy must be, too, because this had that special something - Grandma level good taste. We were mesmerized watching the plates come out to other diners. Servings are deceptively large. Best buttermilk pancakes I have ever eaten! Spouse had the special, a Jimmy-devised grilled sandwich. It was to die for! The trick? I think they use top-notch ingredients, and they know what they are doing!.The wait staff was friendly and patient with kids, and us. Jimmy was ever-present, but not intrusive. The signed poster of some TV food show guy on the wall first tipped us off that we had stumbled into a restaurant of some reknown. I would make a day trip to Coeur d'Alene just to eat at Jimmy's again (and take in the scenery around the gorgeous lake). Very reasonably priced. Breakfast always available. Ambiance is that of a little town lunch spot.

1  Thank Iriani