“Great Value, Great food”
Review of Thai Bamboo

Thai Bamboo
Ranked #75 of 256 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great Value, Great food”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This little gem has been in town for a few years now but we just "discovered" it this spring. The ceiling is pretty cool, twinkling stars and all. Food is fantastic and a great value. Service is fast and friendly. We've already been back several times. Never a disappointment!

• Visited June 2014

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Good food but really slow service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in with family for lunch (12:30ish), it took at least half an hour for the server to take our orders, which he apologized for later. The food took a long time to come out too, so we started eating sometime after 1:30pm. It was a good thing I had a snack prior so I wasn't crazy hungry and could tolerate the slow service.

I ordered cashew nut tofu which was good. Husband enjoyed his yellow curry with chicken. All the food tasted and looked good, although one of the plates came out cold (we were a group of 6, they may have had a hard time bringing it out all at the same time). The server promptly reheated that plate, and all was good.

I eat Thai food quite a bit and I'd consider this pretty good quality. Much better than chain restaurants in big cities; I'd say the food is the same good quality of a small family run Thai restaurant.

The decor is nice, restaurant and bathrooms are clean. The ceiling looks like a sky with stars that appear to be laser/lights?

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love this restaurant. I have lived in town for 23 years but just discovered this restaurant a few months ago. It has DELICIOUS food!! The prices are very affordable. The menu is EXTENSIVE with pictures! When I eat at a foreign food place, I like pictures of the different selections. It helps me know what the food is and what I might like to eat. The staff is friendly. The restaurant is clean and decorated very cool looking. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
“Yummy, spicy, yummy, spicy!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Last night, my husband said, "Let's eat at Thai Bamboo tonight." So, we got there about 05:00 PM, as we like to beat the rush. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. The ceiling depicts a starry sky, with changing colors and twinkle lights, which I liked. We got our menus and water within 2 minutes. The menu is HUGE, and I am glad I perused it on line prior to going there. I had the the D4 dinner combo consisting of Phad Thai noodles with chicken, and red curry with chicken with vegetables and bamboo shoots, peppers and basil, served with rice, spring rolls and wontons. It was so flavorful that my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The meal was presented exactly as the picture showed. My husband had Noodle Soup #428 Guay Tiew Nam with wide rice noodles, garlic, bok choy, onion and cilantro. It was very, very tasty. Our waitress was very patient and helpful, and answered many questions we had concerning degrees of spiciness, types of food, etc. We both enjoyed our meals very much, and we took home enough left-overs for dinner tonight. By the time we left about 06:30 PM, every table was filled up, and there were several couples waiting. We will definitely go back.

Salem, Oregon
“Good Food ~ Good Service”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Thai Bamboo has a huge menu to choose from, both Thai and Chinese fare. It was hard to make a choice, but the server was helpful. There are also some combo plates that beg to be tried another time. I ordered #317 "Street Noodles" in Thailand. Hubby ordered #321 Phad Woon Sen. Both were good, I thought his was tastier. Also ordered was a curry dish which was spicy and very good.
The atmosphere here is the best, I could watch the ceiling all night. Looked like the stars with shooting stars and changing skies. Loved that effect.
The prices are very good, the food fresh, well prepared and appetizing. I would go back again in a heart beat. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014