“The Best in CDA”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

There are certainly restaurants in CDA, Hayden and Post Falls where you can spend more money, but there is absolutely no place in the region that has better food, provides better service, has an equivalent excellent wine list at reasonable prices, and just provides such an extraordinary level of value. My wife and I are regulars and have been since they opened. In the nine years we've lived in this area we've tried plenty of other places - but nothing compares to Bistro on Spruce.

I have traveled to 116 countries and lived in 20. This remains on my Top 5 list of restaurants world-wide.

2  Thank gemscientist
There are newer reviews for Bistro on Spruce

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was there the other day and we both had the shrimp with grits. They call them tiger prawns, but I have never seen tiger prawns this small, EVER. These scrawny little things were an embarrassment. Even my guest, who eats here all the time, complained about how small they were. These guys are starting to cut corners. The deception is all the worse, as they tell you how many you will get, giving the illusion that they will be large tiget prawns. The last time I was there, the owner - Chris told me how creamy the grits are. My grits were lumpy. Overall, the meal was tasty, but not worth the money this time. There was no soup or salad with this small meal. I have been there many times, but this was very disappointing. When the ingredients are this inexpensive, don't shortchange the customer.

2  Thank KnowBS
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Looking back through recent reviews I noticed I haven't written a review on the Bistro yet we eat here quite a bit.

This is a clean and cozy restaurant, with a nice fireplace warming the room. There is a small bar area. Behind the bar area is where the service area is and behind that is the kitchen, all open.

The wine selections are great, with a generous pour. The wine flights are fun and the servers don't skimp on the samplers.

We were at the Bistro for brunch on Sunday, January 13th and again on Wednesday the 17th with girlfriends.

We ordered the duck confit with poached eggs, the hash with eggs and potatoes, and the vegetable omelet. Everyone enjoyed the meal. Also love the hot, rich coffee served.

On Wednesday we ordered halibut tacos, Mac and cheese and linguine with clam sauce. Also had a few glasses of wine that were generous. Our server was excellent and gave us girls plenty of space for chatting.

If you haven't tried Bistro on Spruce, make it a point to visit. I think you will enjoy the experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great food, Great atmosphere, Friendly Staff. Couldn't believe that Bistro is not the #1 restaruant in CDA. This is my prefered place to eat in CDA. When Family and Friends visit we always try to make it up CDA for a nice dinner at bistro.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

MMMMM I have been here three times just to get the French Onion Soup. Clean and nice. Great Service.

1  Thank claudiadavis