“Good Location”

Bardenay
Ranked #25 of 264 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. With three locations in Boise, Eagle and Coeur d'Alene that capture the spirit of Idaho and the Northwest, Bardenay Restaurant and Distillery is a cornerstone of Idaho's restaurant and bar industry. The original establishment is located in a once empty warehouse on the Historic Basque Block in downtown Boise, Idaho. On April 25th, 2000, history was made when we served the first cocktail to included spirits distilled in a restaurant in the US. As the nation's first restaurant distillery, Bardenay has set an industry precedent as the first full service restaurant and bar with the ability to create handcrafted liquor on-site. Our distillers are happy to give tours as time allows. Please ask your server if you are interested in a closer look at our operations. p.s. We are only allowed to sell our fine spirits by the drink. If you would like to purchase a bottle, you may do so at many of our state liquor stores.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I eat at Bardenay fairly regularly and the service is usually pretty good and the food is in the same category. It is a good menu and the food is priced well. The best part about Bardenay is the location. It is in Riverstone and within walking distance of the movie theater and other shops in the development.

1  Thank Tom E

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great bar/restaurant. I only sat at the bar and ate happy hour specials & appetizers, but could also see food coming out of the kitchen. Yum! Great drinks, good people/ servers, nice atmosphere. I'll be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am typically quite lenient on servers because both of my children serve for a living and I understand the pressure and stress they are under when it gets busy. But the guy who served us was HORRIBLE (I wish I had gotten his name). To be honest, he looked like he was on drugs and simply could not focus. He walked by us, purposely not making eye contact, always rushing. At one point, i actually waved my arms madly above my to get his attention... nada. I finally went up to the bar to place my drink order. When he did finally come around, there was no apology. In fact, he was upset that I had gone to the bar for my drink and said it would make his job more confusing. Really? I'm sorry. I think the food here is really good, and I like the atmosphere, even though it is quite loud when there is a full house. there are too may other nice places to eat in Coeur d'Alene, I will not go back there.

1  Thank tlawish
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On a recent trip to Couer dAlene we had two meals here lunch and dinner. All three of us enjoyed our meals. The price was very resonable for the food. The only downside was the terrible service we had a lunch. It is seat yourself anywhere and we waited for a long time to have any server notice. The server could have been new because she was very inexperienced. Later when we were there the dinner server was very good. Would highly recommend for a casual meal.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice setting and good menu. Lunch time service wasn't as good or professional as I would have hoped.

1  Thank David K